Job ID 24843
Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The coordinating arm between the Project construction team, the Client, the Supervising Consultant and the NHCC Management
- Oversee the project organization, coordination, monitoring, reporting, controlling and planning requirements for the Construction works of the project.
- Identification, assessment and preparation of claims for consideration by the Employer.
- Supervising the Project Team with respect to managing Client requirements and expectations in achieving targets and milestones.
- Ensure compliance on the Project including, compliance to drawings, instructions, specifications, Ugandan laws and statutory guidelines on Project implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognized University/institution,
- Post Graduate training in Project Management.
- Training and Experience in different forms of Contract e.g. FIDIC
- At least twelve years of specific experience in Road Construction works
- At least five years as a Construction Manager on a road Construction project (Bitumen Standard)
- Registration with relevant Professional Bodies shall be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online Email application to: [email protected] (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022 by 4:30PM