Job ID 24881
Job Title: Highways Engineer (10 Job Opportunities)
Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of Construction documents to ensure adequacy for the prevailing site conditions
- Supervise and guide the Construction teams on road surveys, construction of pavement structure, measuring of quantities and management of site operations.
- Review alignment and geometric studies and designs to ensure best fit for the site
- Plan and monitor road safety features during construction.
- Propose and prepare measures for traffic diversion and ensure traffic management measures do not compromise safety of road users.
- Prepare alignment and geometric designs where Contractor designs are provided for by the construction Contract
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related filed from a recognized University/Institution
- Possession of Post Graduate training in Highways Engineering shall be an added advantage
- At least Seven (7) years of specific experience in road and Bridge Construction works of which Three (3) years should be as a highway Engineer on a road construction project (Bitumen Standard) or similar position in a reputable organization
- Registered with the relevant professional body as a Must
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online Email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022 by 4:30PM