Job ID 24734
Job Title: Stores Assistant (10 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive goods into the stores, label goods and ensure their safe custody, as per the Financial & Investment Procedures manual.
- Check consistency between bin cards, stock cards and system transactions.
- Release goods and cost them to the relevant projects, as per the Financial & Investment Procedures manual.
- Participate in, or perform periodic stock-taking and prepare the appropriate documents and reports to enable smooth and productive stock-taking.
- Check and supervise transactions processed at project stores to ensure correct categorization (material codes) at the point of receipt and issue; correct pricing and costing as per the stock valuation procedure;
- Update of both the bin cards and stock cards.
- Identification of obsolete, slow moving and damaged stock for correct accounting treatment.
- Provide the necessary information to guide operations and procurement decisions.
- Ensure inter-site transfers and that residual stock from closed projects are transferred to a duly approved location, using the correct procedures, to affect both physical and system transfers.
- Ensure that reconciliation is done on a monthly basis and monitor stock balances (items received, issued and system balances), as well as periodic/annual
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced Diploma in Stores Management, Accounting, Commerce or Business Administration from a recognized University/Institution
- Professional qualification in Stores Management, as an added advantage.
- Knowledge and skill in application of Stores Management-related Software and MS Office Package is essential.
- At least three (3) years’ experience of as a Stores Assistant or similar position from a reputable Organization
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online Email application to: [email protected] (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022 by 4:30PM