Job ID 24867
Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare Material schedules for all the works
- Constantly scan the market and have up to date material price schedules
- Quantify and verify all works.
- Prepare weekly material requisitions for consideration by the site engineer taking account for time and processes required for timely procurement.
- Provide monthly measurements of all works for certification.
- Prepare and submit monthly measurement reports
- Continuously track project costs and expenditure and timely alert the Site Engineer when cost overruns arise.
- Prepare applications for payments
- Prepare variation applications for approval
- Prepare valuation of instructions and applications for approval
- Preparation and valuation of claims
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying or Building Economics from a recognised University/Institution.
- At least five years of relevant working experience on Construction Projects with three (3) years of specific experience as a senior Quantity Surveyor or measurement Engineer on a Road construction Project.
- Registered with the relevant Professional body as Must
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online Email application to: [email protected] (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022 by 4:30PM