Organisation: TASO Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), was founded to contribute to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO was given a 5-year Transition Award by USAID (Cooperative Agreement: #72061720CA00014) effective August 12, 2020 ending August 11, August 2025 to implement the USAID Local Partner Health Services-Ankole Project (USAID LPS- Ankole) in the 12 districts of Ankole sub-region, South Western Uganda. USAID intends to expand the TASO-Ankole implementing mechanism to the 8 districts in Acholi sub-region effective October 1, 2021, but starting with Pader district effective July 1, 2021. The Ankole and Acholi sub-regions of South Western and Northern Uganda, respectively consist of 20 USAID-supported districts including: Buhweju, Bushenyi, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kazo, Kiruhura, Mbarara, Mitooma, Ntungamo, Rubirizi, Rwampara and Sheema in Ankole Sub-Region; Agago, Amuru, Gulu, Kitgum, Lamwo, Nwoya, Omoro and Pader in Acholi sub-region; as well as their Cities and Municipalities.
Job Summary: The Quality Improvement and Knowledge Management Officer shall work with the regional team to plan, organize and lead the implementation of QII KM activities within the regional project. S/he will participate in the development of innovative methods of knowledge exchange across the project, dissemination of project activities, best practices, and lessons learned. S/he shall be responsible for conducting QI learning sessions RCA, manage QI Collaborative and ensure that abstracts / manuscripts are written and published in peer-reviewed journals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop timely work plans and budgets for activities to support USAID Local Partner Health Services-Acholi project partners to use Quality Improvement methodologies to improve HIV care.
- Efficiently coordinate the implementation of activities to support USAID Local Partner Health Services-Acholi project partners to improve care for people with HIV.
- Manage a Quality Improvement collaborative of 10 – 15 sites to improve care for people with HIV, including conducting peer learning sessions and site coaching.
- Regular report writing including progress reports, and success stories
- Support site and district Quality Improvement teams conduct monthly data collection, analysis, use and reporting
- Develop and update materials for trainings, learning sessions and coaching visits
- Work plans and Budgets for QI activities developed
- QI Learning sessions conducted
- QI Collaboratives managed
- Root Cause Analyses conducted
- Abstracts and Manuscripts written and published in peer-reviewed journals
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized University and fully registered with Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council OR Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health from a recognized institution of higher learning and fully registered with the Allied Health Professionals’ Council OR Other Health Related degree and fully registered with the institutional councils.
- Training in QI Approaches and Methodologies is a MUST
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and Good analytical skills
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations is desired. Willingness to travel and spend over 50% of their time in the field
- Interpersonal relations and ability to deal with other health workers
- Other Qualities / Attributes: Courtesy, Patience, Accuracy, Integrity, Confidentiality, Team player and Ability to work under mental and physical stress and Empathy, Respect and Integrity.
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone / mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
NB: While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Deadline: 13th December 2021 by 4:30pm