2 REACH Field Officers
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Business Management and Administration , Category: Management ]
Deadline of this Job:
05 December 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, November 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: REACH Field Officer (02)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Salary Range: Ugx 2.4 – 3.5 Million Gross Pay
REACH was established in 2010 as a joint initiative of two INGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT). REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process. REACH facilitates information management for aid actors through three complementary services: (a) need and situation assessments facilitated by REACH teams; (b) situation analysis using satellite imagery; (c) provision of related database and (web)-mapping facilities and expertise
The REACH Field Officer will be responsible for supporting the REACH GIS/Assessment Officers, Field Manager, and Senior Field Officer to ensure the successful completion of assessments in the refugee settlements and host districts. He/she will also be responsible for related logistics, data cleaning, focus group discussion facilitation, leading enumeration teams and any other reasonable tasks needed to ensure the success of the REACH mission in Uganda. This position will work closely with experienced national and international staff members and will require a minimum of 70% of time in remote field locations
Chain of Command
Under the authority of:
• In country: ACTED Country Director
• In country: REACH Country Coordinator
• In country: REACH Research Manager
• In country: REACH Field Manager
• In country: REACH Senior Field Officer
• Their own activities
• Field Assistants
• Field enumerators
• REACH Senior Assessment Officers
• REACH GIS/ Assessment Officers
• ACTED FLATs Team
The REACH Field Officer shall be responsible for:
• Managing enumeration teams
• Facilitating focus group discussions
• Logistics support
• Any other tasks needed to ensure the success of the REACH mission in Uganda
Data collection and analysis
The REACH Field Officer will manage and lead field data collection (including recruitment and training of enumerators), regularly update enumerators and stakeholders databases, provide technical support to assessment teams with analysis of data, using appropriate software including MAXQDA), and ensure that all data they collect is properly stored onto the Dropbox server.
The REACH Field Officer will lead enumeration teams of up to 20 individuals in the refugee settlements and be responsible for providing direction, logistical and technical support to the enumerators. They will also support the REACH Assessment/ GIS Officer as needed; they will directly manage Field Assistants and their enumeration teams.
Ensure compliance with ACTED logistics and finance policies and procedures, develop procedures for tracking, management and deployment of assets (phones, tablets & other data collection equipment) in the field, and provide logistics support to the REACH Field and assessment teams. They will also provide support in organizing movement of REACH teams to and from field locations, identifying accommodations and office space, and liaising with appropriate government authorities to ensure REACH can conduct activities as needed.
Security and safety
The REACH Field Officer will ensure that the enumeration teams adhere to the ACTED safety and security protocols, and Code of Conduct, regularly update the security focal person on all matters pertaining to field security including providing daily updates when required.**
Accountability to Communities and Beneficiaries
The staff member is responsible for ensuring that all relations with the communities we work with are conducted in a respectful and consultative manner. Due attention must be paid to ensuring that communities are adequately consulted and informed about ACTED programme objectives, activities, beneficiary selection criteria, and methodologies. This is the responsibility of every ACTED staff member.
Promoting and adhering to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual workers et al)
Qualification and experience requirements:
• Minimum of 02 years working with INGOs preferably in a field based position
• Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced field environment with extended of time required
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant studies (Social Science, Development studies) required
• Strong skills with Microsoft Suite
• Experience in using ODK for quantitative data collection, or the ability to rapidly master the process
• Experience in managing and building capacity for casual workers such Enumerators, Translators, et al
• Experience in data collection (conducting Focus Group Discussions – FGDs and KIIs)
• Experience in collecting information using hand-held GPS devices
• Knowledge in creating kml/kmz files in Google Earth
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
• Prior experience working in a refugee settlement an asset
• Written and spoken fluency in English required
• Working language of Juba Arabic and/or regional languages (used in South Sudan, DRC, Burundi, Rwanda) an asset
• Ability to work independently
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] by 05th December 2021, 05:00pm with the subject line: APPLICATION FOR REACH FIELD OFFICER – UGANDA accompanied with:
• Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
• Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Review of Applications and Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
• ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer