Job ID 24717
Organisation: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Take charge of the Building construction site from beginning to end, including but not limited to;
- Site setting
- Budgets & expenditure projections
- maintaining NHCC policies,
- keeping the site safe and
- maintaining a set schedule.
Oversee the work done at a Building construction site, including;
- Planning and scheduling works,
- Managing construction crews, allocation of tasks, monitoring performance, taking record of staff attendance,
- inspecting ongoing works, to ensure compliance and good workmanship
- supervision of setting out of works and surveys
- Ensuring adherence to instructions, drawings and specifications,
- Make arrangements for necessary equipment including; sourcing, mobilization, maintenance, utilization, cost planning etc.
- Tracking construction costs and keeping construction project costs at or, where possible, under budget.
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manage
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and the pricing of materials
- providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- supervision of setting out and surveys
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management from a recognized University/Institution
- Post Graduate training in Project Management as a Must
- At least Seven (7) years of specific experience in Building Construction works three years of which he/she in the capacity of a site Engineer on a Building Construction project.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three (3) Professional referees should be addressed and delivered to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
National Housing & Construction Company Limited,
Plot 5, 7th Street,
P.O. BOX 659,
Submit an online Email application to: [email protected] (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: Thursday 14th April 2022 by 4:30PM