Job ID 26371
Job Title: Sales Team Leader (22 Job Opportunities)
Duty Station: Field-based positions -Regular attendance is required at SPOUTS field office and at times Spouts Head Office.
Reports to: Area Sales Manager
Responsible for: managing a team of Direct Sales Representatives/Agents.
Special conditions: Primarily a Field based job but some travel will be required between the SPOUTS head office, the factory at Nakawuka and other parts of Uganda in response to the demands of the sales and marketing program.
SPOUTS of Water Ltd is a social venture that locally manufactures and distributes effective ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water sustainably in Uganda. In addition, we locally manufacture free hand-washing stations to improve access to hygiene. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water and hygiene services to all East Africans. We currently sell multiple water filter products under the brand name “Purifaaya”. The Purifaaya provides financial, social, and health benefits for its customers in addition to environmental benefits.
Job Summary: As well as managing a team of sales staff as part of the Direct Sales program, the Sales Team Leader is responsible for the planning, implementation and management of activities in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead, implement and maintain a team of Sales Officers in the Direct Sales program to grow sales, ensure sustainability and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Define in consultation and support of the Area Sales Manager the requisite number of Direct Sales Representatives for your area.
- Drive while inspiring the sales team to achieve their daily sales targets and reporting standards as set out by the business
- Propose and implement innovative approaches to improve sales and revenue outcomes.
- Anticipate problems and new trends which may affect the sales program and make recommendations for change.
- Develop and report on prospects and leads generated in the field.
- Ensure new customers can use their filters (Purifaaya) properly and revisit new customers that need extra product training
- Act as the direct liaison between the sales team and the rest of the organization; advocate for needs and requests of the sales team to the Area Sales Manager as well as other relevant SPOUTS staff.
- Drive Customer satisfaction within your territory
Develop, coordinate and maintain effective and efficient systems and processes tailored to SPOUTS’ needs.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets as determined by Spouts from time to time.
- Work with sales teams to collect and review accurate daily, weekly, and monthly data from the field.
- Regularly review outcomes to assess performance and implement improvements.
- Regulate practices and ensure that SPOUTS meets legislative and internal operating compliance requirements.
- Apply Spouts’ information technology systems to deliver quality outcomes in relation to filter sales.
- Prepare accurate reports on Key Performance Indicators (sales, awareness, etc.) in line with the SPOUTS’ reporting schedules.
Undertake employee management in order to deliver quality performance outcomes.
- Manage the sales teams and foster their growth through direct supervision, training, and motivation programs.
- Appropriately and effectively delegate responsibility.
- Undertake management of employees and ensure there is a mechanism in place to monitor individual performance, assess progress and provide feedback to support individual development.
- Coach and develop the skills of employees to facilitate responsiveness as the organisation grows and develops.
Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Always act in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values.
- Comply with the SPOUTS’ standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a diploma in any business-related field
- At least two years in a highly competitive sales/business – related environment
- Preferably 25 – 35 years of age
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify opportunities and chase them
- Passionate about sales, marketing and customer service
- Out of the Box thinker
Capabilities: Within the context of the main responsibilities and accountabilities of the role, the employee is expected to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Experience managing a team to meet specified sales targets.
- Applies broad-based knowledge to manage projects, account for resources and ensure compliance with relevant legislation and standards.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, managing work demands and evaluating progress while remaining responsive to changing priorities.
- Works autonomously
- Uses initiative to develop new approaches and to encourage high performance outcomes.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to training staff to maximize individual and organization goals.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SPOUTS.
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
- Highly positive with Can attitude, persistent and self-driven
- Willingness and eager to Learn
- High attention to detail and experience working with and compiling data.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and computer
Language requirements: High level of competence in spoken and written English language and additional 2 other spoken languages as per the particularly stated regions.
- Must have a Smartphone with an Android version 4.5 and above
- Riding permit/ license required as the role requires the use of a motorcycle for mobility purposes.
Region: Team Leaders
1. Mbale Town,
3. Kumi, Palisa, Soroti
4.Tororo, Busia, Malaba
6. Kyegegwa, Kyenjojo, Kagadi, Mubende
7. Hima, Kasese, Bwera
9. Jinja, Njeru
11. Mbiko, Nyenga, Kiyindi, Buikwe
12. Kangulumira, Nazigo, Kayunga Town
13. Kayabwe, Buwama, Lukaya
14. Nyendo, Masaka Town
15. Kinoni, Mbirizi, Lwengo, Kyazanga, Lyantonde
16. Kalisizo, Kyotera, Kasensero
17 Sembabule, Villa maria, Bukomansimbi
19 . Mpigi, Bujuuko,Rubaga Road
22. Bukoto, Kireka
How to Apply:
All candidates Application letters, CVS and relevant academic documents should be sent to [email protected]
- Remember to attach your salary expectations.
- Please quote preferred location in the subject line of your application
- Candidates who reside and understand the geography within those locations get a better advantage but depending on potential the discretion of placement stays with the company.
Deadline: 15th June 2022