Organisation: Ministry of Health (MoH)
Project Name: AIDS Control Program
Funding Source: The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an International Partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden including Uganda. The Fund also supports health service delivery through grants that are dedicated to health and community systems strengthening. These resources are additional to and not a replacement for financing to the health sector from recipient Governments. Recipient Countries are required to demonstrate transparency, traceability, attribution and efficient accountability of the resources.
Uganda under the Ministry of Health (MoH) has received funding from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) under the 2021-2023 NFM3 grant. Part of this grant is to source for eligible talent to cover human resources gaps in the Ministry of Health in order to strengthen its capacity.
Job Summary: Overall the job requires safely of both staff and vehicle by the job holder. The job holder must ensure client centered care provision and must have knowledge of client rights while in and out of a car, rights to passengers are adhered to. Responsibilities include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle, planning each route based on road and traffic conditions and managing payments. To be considered for this role, you should have a valid driver’s license clean driving record with no traffic violations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving clients daily to their desired destinations
- Maintaining the vehicle safe and clean
- Using navigation apps to determine the best and appropriate routes
- Report the condition of a vehicles and its status
- Any other duties which may assigned by the supervision
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Driver must hold a high school Certificate
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their handwritten applications should by hand delivery to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry),
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
Deadline: Wednesday, 17th November, 2021 by 5:00pm