Job ID 21221
Job Title: Medical Officer (3 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will ensure delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment services to clients by providing technical and leadership support to health facility teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to facility-based technical team members to ensure timely delivery on key project tasks.
- Lead mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality HIV/AIDS care services.
- Provide clinical care to HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
- Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and tertiary treatment centres.
- Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI-supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along client care and treatment cascades.
- Coordinate and support facility efforts in follow up of clients to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
- Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degree
- Completion of Internship
- Full and active registration with the UMDPC
- Additional training in HIV/AIDS care and opportunistic infections
- Experience and up-to-date technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS clinical care and ART
- Good communication, organization and management skills
- Understands client confidentiality and exhibits high level of ethical conduct
- Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, internet and power point.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Interested applicants should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 23rd January 2022
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare