Job ID 27646
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Mbale and Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Senior Officer – Performance Monitoring Regional Offices will ensure effective regulation of the public procurement and disposal function through monitoring performance and compliance with the PPDA Act 2003 that leads to improved service delivery geared towards achievement of sustainable national development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the region,
- Manage the conduct of procurement audits, contract audits, bid preparatory audits, compliance inspections and investigations in the Entities in the region,
- Participate in the review of the Audit tool periodically to incorporate emerging issues,
- Participate in the development of Capacity Building Programs and ensure effective implementation and monitoring of these Programs within the regions,
- Review quarterly, monthly submissions & procurement plans in the regions to ensure effective implementation,
- Conduct Procurement related Investigations in the region,
- Monitor the performance of the public procurement and disposal system (E-GP and GPP) and NDP III flagship projects in the region,
- Manage and frequently engage High Spend Entities in the region,
- Support the monitoring and reporting on local content in public procurement in the region,
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of collaborations with academic/ other institutions to conduct research in Public Procurement in the region, and
- Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelors’ Degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or a professional qualification in Procurement or Supply Chain such as CIPS, NEVI or any other related Professional Body
- Full Professional qualification in Procurement or Supply Chain Management such as CIPS, NEVI or any other related Professional Body, and
- Professional qualification in either ACCA or CPA will be of added advantage.
- At least four years of experience in public procurement
- Knowledge of the PPDA Act, Regulations, Standard Bidding Documents and Guidelines.
- Knowledge of donor funded procurement Regulations (World Bank, European Union, African Development Bank)
- Experience in auditing
- Excellent Management Skills
- Strong Analytical and Report Writing Skills
- Very good Interpersonal skills
- Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills
- Strong Negotiation Skills
How to Apply:
- All candidates should send a completed application form, Download Here and the relevant academic documents to; email@example.com with the job position applied for as the subject
- The attachments should be limited to the following documents; a duly filled application form, National ID, O-level and A-level Certificates, Honours (1st Class and 2nd Class Upper Degree.
- Applicants for the Regional Positions should be residents of the Region (Central, Western, Eastern or Northern) and provide a recommendation letter from LC 1 Chairperson as evidence.
- All attachments should be sent as one file in PDF format.
- The subject of the email should be ‘Application for the Position of…” (indicate the position applied for)
Deadline: 30th September 2022 by 5:00pm