[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Deadline of this Job:
15 December 2021
Within Uganda , Iganga , East Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, November 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis. UDHA requires the services of dedicated, competent, innovative and result-oriented individuals for employment on a contract basis for the posts below;
Job Title : Accountant (Full Time).
No of Vacancy : 1
Terms : Contract basis based on performance
Reports to the : Finance and Administration Manager.
Location : UDHA headquarters in Iganga.
The job holder shall assist in coordination, analyzing, summarizing and recording of UDHA financial transactions.
Job Roles/responsibilities, personal specifications and Competencies/additional skills.
• Ensures project financial reports are compiled, aligned with narrative reports and submitted in a timely manner to keep all stake holders informed.
• Produces monthly, quarterly year-end actual budget (variance) analysis and other management information that may be required from time to time.
• Ensures expenditure are incurred and reported in line with contractual agreements with donors.
• Supports the Finance and Administration department in ensuring full compliance with policies & procedures, particularly around cash, advances and banking
• Prepare Monthly staff payrolls for bank transfers at the end of each month.
• Prepare and submit Beyonic/Mobile Money and bank reconciliations to the Finance and Administration Manager for review and approval.
• Preparing cash forecasts to identify monthly funding requirements to optimize resources and deliver value for money
• Ensure proper coding of transaction before they are posted into QuickBooks & donor specific templates.
• Follow on mandatory statutory obligations and ensure that the deadlines are adhered to
• Verify the financial accountability submissions by the Grant beneficiary on its correctness and completion;
• Verify the Grant beneficiary financial replenishment requests and ensure the timely remittance of funds to the beneficiary
• Perform other tasks as assigned by his/her supervisors from time to time.
• The applicant for the Accountant job must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance with level 11 of CPA or ACCA.
• Work Experience: 4 Years work experience in the accounting /Finance with at least 2 years providing support to a busy NGO of professional staff, where a considerable amount of analytical skills are called for.
• Knowledge of operational issues with Grant funding and its financial accountability issues is a must.
• Financial Management, Planning, Budgeting and Coordination, Coaching and Mentoring, Accountability; Ethics and Integrity; and Team work.
• Ability to resolve problem situations in a tactful manner
• Effective communicator, both orally and in writing; ability to deal with persons of diverse cultures
• Highly conversant with QuickBooks.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong experience in financial reporting and financial analysis
Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proven ability to work under tight deadlines (and deliver financial reports) on time
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To download and read full job requirements please go to: www.udhauganda.org and www.pila-consultants.com Please provide a detailed CV that demonstrates possession of relevant competencies, current position, the job requirements specified, academic qualifications, employment experience including current position, and contact details of three referees preferably from previous or current employments. All candidates who meet the requirements are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents of not more than 2GB via email to [email protected] quoting the position of interest in the subject line
For further details please contact PILA Consultants Limited Tel: +256-393 275 892, Mob: +256-78-4-219107, 0704-706910 E-mail: [email protected]
You can also visit these websites: www.pila-consultants.com, www.tasouganda.org
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
The advert is valid up to 15/12/2021 5:00pm