Job ID 33006
Job Title: Accountant
Organisation: Al-Mansour Automotive
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The conglomerate was first established in 1975 by the late Mr. Loutfy Mansour to enter the automotive market in Egypt. It didn’t take long for Mansour to reach its record-breaking sales by becoming the exclusive dealer for General Motors (GM) in the same year and soon became a household name by 1980, franchising popular automotive brands; Opel, Chevrolet, Isuzu, and ACDelco.
Fast forward to 2001, Mansour Automotive was given exclusive distribution rights for all General Motors brands and products in Egypt. For an outstanding 4 decades, Mansour Automotive has won the hearts and trust of millions of customers by following their philosophy ‘With Mansour, you are in safe hands.
Job Summary: The role of an accountant is to apply financial principles of accounting to analyze information, prepare financial statements, and or other financial activities within an organization. The purpose of the job is to maintain the books of account under the direction of the accounting manager; ensuring that transactions are posted to the correct budget lines, maintaining accurate account balances and that books of account are kept in compliance with IFRS and accompany accounting policies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing stocktaking and cash tally
- Performing the cashier function, whenever is needed based on staff capacity
- Represent the organization before taxing authorities
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts
- Advise the organization in areas such as compensation, employee health care benefits, the design of accounting and data processing systems, and long-range tax plans
- Appraise, evaluate the inventory real property and equipment, recording information such as the property’s description, value, and location
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology in line with the country customized accounting packages
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards
- Survey operations to ascertain accounting needs and to recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
Key Performance Areas:
- Smooth functioning of the accounting system and policies.
- Weekly and monthly reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Adherence to international accounting standards.
- Full adherence to company policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Four years of working experience in a similar role, Accounting firms’ experience is preferred.
- Experience in managing and leading a team
- Member or affiliate of ACCA / CPA / CMA is preferred
- Excellent financial management, administration & record keeping skills
- Experience developing financial operational systems and schedules
- Advanced Excel skills
- The ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical, financial reporting, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Knowledge of financial regulations adhering to charities, and proven experience of book-keeping
- Judgment & the ability to work with others
- Able to proactively set up systems within a growing organization
- Commitment to team-working, and respect and consideration for the skills of others
- Self-motivated, pro-active
- A strong commitment to CALM’s values
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Al-Mansour Automotive in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Al-Mansour Automotive|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|