Job ID 30800
Assistant Planning Officer
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Admin & Office ]
Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
31 January 2023
Within Uganda , Mbarara , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, January 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location : Mbarara
Supervisor : Planning Officer
Years of Experience : 3+ years
Department : PEAL
Travel Required : 60%
About Raising The Village
We are Raising The Village (RTV) – an international development organization and a registered charity – on a mission to end ultra-poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. Raising The Village is a fast-growing organization on an accelerated growth path. We have 120+ national staff in Uganda and a team of 8 people in North America working together to lift communities out of ultra-poverty in last-mile villages. We operate at the intersection of direct implementation and advanced data analytics to inform progress, decision-making, and impact. Our programs are focused on removing scarcity barriers, increasing and diversifying incomes, and ensuring sustained outcomes through 24 month partnership with last-mile villages and local governments. We work in the thematic areas of agriculture, WASH, Financial Inclusion through a gender transformative and community-driven development approach.
To date we have supported more than 665,000 people through our innovative holistic approach and are on track to expand to reaching one million people annually in the region by 2027.
We have achieved this tremendous growth with the support of our incredible partners from all around the globe who believe in our model and impact. Find out more about our programs and impact at: www.raisingthevillage.org
At RTV, you will be encouraged to embrace leadership opportunities at every level to help shape and innovate the future direction of our organization. You could gain in-depth sector knowledge, connect strengths with talent across RTV and the international network, and participate in initiatives that allow you to give back to your community.
RTV professionals are unified by a mission to eradicate ultra-poverty in our generation. We enjoy an environment of continuous learning, challenging experiences, and enriching career opportunities.
What are you waiting for?
The assistant planning officer will be responsible for developing and participating in project design activities including but not limited to identification of potential partner communities, baseline data points compilation and analysis, cluster resource planning and budgeting, project – design tracking and monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Lead programmatic designs (Projections/Budgeting/Documentation/Sign offs)
2. Undertaking Research and Innovation programs/Initiatives
3. Carry out needs assessment for prospective partner communities.
4. Support in execution of baseline surveys such as household census, baseline household surveys, LC1 survey, water surveys and soil mapping.
5. Participate in district mapping and programmatic rollouts (Internal & external), expansions and replication.
6. Lead entry to new districts and regions prioritizing last mile people in Uganda
7. Proactively participate in the development of quarterly planning deliverables.
8. Continuously share learnings and lessons with the implementation team for improvement in project performance.
9. Develop design tracking tools to guide execution of various project components.
10. Participate in project design monitoring and provide follow up support.
11. Participate in the revision of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance
12. indicators and their measurement.
13. Other duties as required by your Supervisor/Team Leader and/or Management
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Quantitative Economics, Business Computing, Mathematics, Population Studies, or related.
2. Proven experience in planning and designing for projects.
3. Post graduate qualification in Monitoring & Evaluation or Project planning would be an added advantage.
4. In-depth knowledge of Management Information Systems, Monitoring and Evaluation and Development issues.
5. Good understanding of capacity assessment and community development methodologies.
6. Experience in project designs at a community development level.
7. Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and productionof reports.
8. Proficient in Microsoft suite, especially Excel, VBA, Word and PPT.
9. Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
10. Organizes workload effectively while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
11. Accurately completes multiple tasks while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, changing priorities and competing deadlines.
12. Establishes, builds and maintain effective working relationships with staff to provide support.
13. Strong training & facilitation skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply
Apply before 31st January 2023.