Job ID 30742
Job Title: Associate Researcher
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda (Remote)
Includovate was founded in early 2019 in response to the poor-quality data available on gender norms, and the dearth of successful gender equal agriculture projects. Includovate “walks the walk” in its efforts to decolonise research and expand humanity’s knowledge and understanding of countless issues by improving the research environment in low-income countries and working to ensure researchers there have the same access to publishing and knowledge sharing opportunities as others. We start by tackling important questions such as how can we ensure that research is inclusive from day one
Job Summary: We are looking for an ambitious individual who is motivated and passionate and wants to make the world a more equal place. We are a fast-paced organisation that values collaboration, capacity building, and a growth mindset. We look for people who are lifelong learners, hard workers, empathetic, and supportive. This is not a conventional job. Includovators improve the world by removing data biases, power imbalances and discriminatory mental models through evidence and learning. We guarantee interesting work.
The Associate Researchers turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into evidence-based decisions across multiple projects with multidisciplinary emphases. Associate Researchers leverage their knowledge, experience and networks to develop robust research methodologies.
Associate Researchers use creativity and technical skills to locate data sources, gather, review, validate, protect, and store data, identify trends, patterns, and anomalies, and use findings to develop sound conclusions, improve processes and practices, and increase efficiency, effectiveness, impact and sustainability. Associate Researchers create reports and presentations to summarise complex information.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate own workload across multiple projects for different clients and on multidisciplinary topics to deliver on-time, on-budget and on- quality products for team members.
- Assist in the development of research methodologies (including the design of research tools) to strengthen research rigour using past experience and academic knowledge.
- Collect and analyse raw data/information to identify trends, patterns, anomalies, and other helpful and/or interesting information.
- Review literature on specific research topics critically to develop comprehensive and digestible summaries and reviews.
- Create reports and presentations to summarise findings and influence decision-making.
- Work with team members to effectively achieve project objectives, budgets, and timelines, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s in evaluation studies, agriculture, migration studies, anthropology, business, demography, development studies, economics, education, environmental studies, gender & sexuality, geography, history, planning, political science, psychology, public administration, public or global health,, sociology, statistics and/or sustainability.
- A minimum of five years of research experience in conducting research and minimum 2 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong organisational, and critical thinking skills
- Strong presentation, research, and verbal and written communication.
- Fluency in English. Fluency in other languages will also be considered favourably.
- Experience using research software, such as EndNote or Mendeley, NVivo, SPSS or STATA, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience in Project management is desirable.
- You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- You’re concise and articulate in your communications
- You are good at planning and implementing even small tasks.
- You learn eagerly and rapidly
- You are a democratic and reject command-and-control structures.
- You take smart risks, creative and curious.
- You think of critical feedback as a growth opportunity
- You believe in gender equality and equal opportunity
- You are a feminist
Work Location: Remote working with excellent flexibility, successful candidates need to have a computer/ laptop with high-speed internet connection.
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|