Job Title: Branch Head
Organisation: Hofokam Ltd
Duty Station: Branch Office, Uganda
Hofokam Ltd is one of the largest Micro Finance Institutions operating in western Uganda with its Head Office based at Fort Portal. Its Vision is “to be the preferred partner of vibrant and economically empowered households in Uganda”. Its mission is, “to provide quality and competitive financial services to households to enable them realise their goals” As an equal opportunity employer, we invite qualifying candidates to apply for the job being advertised as guided below.
Job Summary: The Branch Head will supervise and monitor all work performed by Branch Staff, grow the Branch’s Loan Portfolio, supervise and manage the performance and development of the Branch Staff in line with the Human Resource management policies of the Institution, train, mentor, orient, motivate, counsel and discipline staff under his /her jurisdiction and account for Branch resources in line with the business strategy, policies and set targets; and the UMRA Laws and regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Branch Head will ensure to:
- Initiate, plan and monitor growth and Quality of the Branch Loan Portfolio in line with Hofokam’s Business plan;
- Implement Branch internal controls and procedures in line with the Institution’s policies and UMRA regulations;
- Identify , plan, review and evaluate staff development and performance needs in line with Hofokam’s existing HR policies and guidelines;
- Review, coordinate, monitor and authorize all the processes of opening, reactivation, transfer and closure of all accounts in line with Hofokam’s policies and procedures, KYC guidelines and money laundering guidelines;
- Coordinate and monitor the process of calling day’s work and submit reports in line with the Hofokam’s savings operations policies and procedures;
- Conduct regular field visits and carry out the verification of Loans to improve the Branch loan portfolio quality;
- Conduct periodic staff performance evaluations and implementation of performance requirements.
- Generate periodic performance related reports for Hofokam’s Management, and other key development partners.
- Train, Coach and mentor staff under his or her jurisdiction.
- The position of a Branch Head is at Management Level and requires a staff with hands on experience of not less than 3 years in managing credit and having a clean record in all aspects.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of a first Degree in any Business Related Field.
- In-depth knowledge in Branch operations;
- Thorough understanding of Hofokam’s operational Policies and Procedures;
- Proficiency in Hofokam’s products and services;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Leadership and People management skills;
- Good Strategic business planning and implementation skills;
- Excellent Analytical skills;
- Good Risk Management skills;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Good knowledge of the Management Information System;
- High level of Integrity, incorruptible, honesty, dependable and a trust worthy person;
- Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision;
- Ability to ride a motorcycle and in possession of a valid driving/riding permit as per the Republic of Uganda’s traffic Laws;
- Age: 30-45 years of age.
Salary: The salary to be paid is in line with Hofokam Salary Structure for Branch Heads;
How to Apply:
If you feel you truly meet the above criteria, please apply through the Human Resource Manager and attach a current Curriculum Vitae containing a day time telephone contact, names and details of at least three (3) referees preferably of your employer(s) and certified copies of academic and professional certificates and e-mail them strictly to [email protected]
Attachments MUST be in one PDF document and not exceeding 5MB in size.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 7th January 2022 by 5:00pm