Job Title: Budget Analyst
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala-2021-040
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Chief of Finance, the Budget Analyst is responsible for planning, designing, coordinating, and implementing the full range of budget services for multiple divisions, branches and programs, to support the mission of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in Uganda. The job holder is a technical advisor on policies, procedures and regulations governing operational and program budgeting and undertakes multiple budget execution duties and responsibilities. S/he conducts analyses to report on budgetary and financial performance and makes recommendations on the adequacy of funding levels and budget reprogramming.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Budget Analyst job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in either of the following: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Commerce is required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in budgeting and funds control, accounting, financial analysis and reporting is required.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in the areas of financial analyses, budgeting, funds control and forecasting techniques is required. The position should have good knowledge of the host country business practices; financial and banking rules and practices; financial regulations and proclamations/laws; and cash versus non-cash economy practices.
- Possession of skills to effectively relate funds management with agency programs and projects is required. Ability to understand budget management and implications of changes in priorities is required.
- Standard numerical skills in mathematical/computing accuracy and writing skills and demonstrated ability to apply procedural compliance is required.
- The incumbent is required to have high analytical skills and be innovative during triangulation and analysis of multiple data sources to process information and to achieve greater financial and operational efficiency
- Excellent and high-level interpersonal skills and working with Teams are required.
- A high degree of proficiency using MS Excel and other MS office applications to conduct financial and variance analyses and reporting is required. Standard keyboard/data entry skills with good working speed and accuracy are required.
- Must demonstrate proficiency working with financial systems and databases related to funds control, budgeting, accounting, review, and reporting.
- Language: Fluent spoken and written English is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 24th November 2021