Job Title: Communications Photographer
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
Job Summary: The Communications Photographer is responsible for providing a wide variety of high-resolution images, creating the project photo bank, edit images that highlight actions and goals of the project.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To communicate with beneficiaries and stakeholders to set up time and place for a photoshoot.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation for the photos and videos taken is obtained and secured for further reference.
- all beneficiaries and stakeholders consent for the photoshoots
- Maintain and manage photography equipment
- Manage photography sessions
- Support photography exhibitions
- Provide high quality images and videos to facilitate preparation of project documents, briefs, reports and updates to donors and key stakeholders
- Create a robust photo bank with the catalogued folders that match the project events
- Support video coverage for project intervention coverage and impact
- Ensure that approved Activity branding standards are met at all times
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a degree or a Diploma in Mass communication and journalism from a recognized University/ Institution
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in using high-end cameras
- Demonstrable skills in photoshops
- Demonstrable skills in photoshop and any other Adobe shite software, social media
- Excellent communication skills and ease in making rapport
- Demonstrable social media skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 9th January 2022