Job Title: Community & Livelihood Development Officer
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Uganda
Entity: Social Affairs
Based: On Site
Reports to: Community Liaison Supervisor
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Summary: On behalf of our client, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Community and Livelihood Development Officer to work in the Albertine region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the development of relevant Management Plans such as the Resettlement Action Plans, Vulnerable People Management Plan, and Sustainable Livelihood Management Plans for the different project RAPs.
- To update (if required), implement the Project’s management plans above in line with the designated resettlement areas.
- To contribute in the establishment of a stakeholder plan for the PAPs in conjunctions with the social affairs team.
- To monitor and evaluate the respective management plans and projects started up for different PAPs within the license area.
- To update the social & resettlement data base with related information periodically. In Relations with authorities, joint venture partners and other stakeholders, the jobholder will ensure the buy-in of relevant Government authorities and JV partners for any supported initiatives.
- Identify organizations, associations, institutions (NGOs, local CSOs, Donors, others), with whom the company established initiatives could collaborate with. To work with the contractor and respective National Content teams to ensure compliance with the national and specifically oil and gas legislative requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in social or environmental sciences, anthropology, land use & natural resources management, project management or equivalent; French would be an advantage
- At least four years’ experience in community projects, development projects and/or in other similar area (NGOs, donors, State development funds, etc.) as well as good knowledge of the Ugandan education system.
- Ability to maintain good relations with a wide range of local stakeholders, NGOs, donors, local authorities, local communities.
- Ability to work in a team, take initiative, highly organized and ability to meet deadlines.
- The job requires most of the time to work after five pm. Capacity to work in the field.
- Excellent Computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)/ Good report writing and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply online at the link below
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Q-Sourcing Servtec Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Any Solicitation Will Lead To Disqualification.
Deadline: 19th November, 2021 at 09:00am