Job ID 33100
Job Title: Community Manager
Organisation: The Citizen Report
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Citizen Report is a non-profit, non-partisan organisation established to build a civically engaged citizenry in Uganda. We collate and curate, as accurately as possible, all data on how our government structures work, starting at the most profound levels of government. We foster accountability by combing through the specifics of government for young people and provide a fun, engaging civic education platform especially for young people. We take deep looks at the districts and people across Uganda with the specific purpose of sharing it with citizens so that they can participate in their country’s growth by donating towards socio-economic challenges.
Job Summary: The Community Manager will be responsible for managing and engaging with the organisation’s online community in a way which builds brand awareness. The incumbent will work cross functionally with internal partners to understand organisational objectives in order to communicate effectively with customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and implement social media and communication campaign strategies for The Citizen Report.
- Develop and deploy content calendar with engaging content for social media accounts for The Citizen Report and its two creative podcasts, in collaboration with creative lead and content manager.
- Organize and participate in digital events to build community and boost brand awareness.
- Coordinate with project manager, content and research as well as with creative lead teams to ensure brand consistency.
- Liaise with creative lead and research and content manager to stay updated on new developments and features that should be supported and to align communication with developments.
- Build relationships with beneficiaries, potential partners, NGOs, development partners, philanthropies and other industry professionals and journalists online.
- Analyze performance indicators and social media traffic and determine the effectiveness of created content.
- Provide weekly updates and monthly progress reports to the project manager.
- Develop quiz questions and other content required for social media and communication purposes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least three years of experience in related role
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates must send their application (CV, cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Manager” – TCR [YOUR NAME]” mentioned in the subject.
Deadline: 24th March 2023 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||The Citizen Report|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|