Job Title: Compliance Officer
Organisation: Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA) strives to empower, promote and strengthen key health and development interventions in communities we work. We envision a society in which people are fully empowered to manage their health and development needs. UDHA is Sub Recipient to TASO under the new funding model implemented in partnership with TASO and aims to support the implementation of Uganda’s Response to the HIV/AIDS and Tuberculosis.
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will conduct verification of internal controls and compliance of all financial and operational functions. S/he is also responsible for ensuring that project implementation guidelines and procedures on all project functions including but not limited to HR, Procurement, Finance, and Administration, and other operational functions processes and controls are adhered to.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all UDHA financial and operational activities are in compliance with country law (tax laws, labor laws and government pension agency laws), donor rules and regulations, and UDHA policies and standards.
- In collaboration with the finance manager, develop and implement an effective risk, control and compliance system
- Review 100% field activities i.e. Payments, Accountabilities, Vehicles log books, Fuel consumption and AGYW profiling records and attendance / verification reports
- Provides mentoring and monitoring support to UDHA Partners in coordination with program teams.
- Perform the critical function of independent financial verification on wide range of field activities including but not limited to various meetings, trainings, distribution of supplies, mentors and AGYW payments, UDHA Assets among others.
- Verification of all procurements carried out in UDHA to ensure that they comply with UDHA procurement guidelines.
- Establish internal policy compliance monitoring mechanisms and foster a culture of compliance with policies and procedures across the organisation.
- With support from Finance and Administration Manager, ensure capacity building and ensure grants are managed in compliance with donor requirements
- Support internal Audit, External Audit and Donor Reviews for all UDHA activities.
- Share and follow-up on recommendations (audit, donor reviews) for all UDHA activities.
- Keep abreast with external events which could have a negative impact on the organisation and advise management with appropriate control
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Compliance Officer Job opportunity should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing.
- Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent will be preferred
- A minimum of three years of post-qualification experience in Compliance / Finance/ Auditing.
- Excellent understanding of Ugandan Tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Experience with managing other major international donor funds and working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Knowledge of ERM principle and philosophy.
- Knowledge of various Donor rules and regulations, systems and procedures.
- Excellent analytical, financial management and evaluation skills.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
- The incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
NB: Candidates from Jinja and surrounding districts are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
If you believe you have the relevant qualifications and experience, please send your detailed Application and CV demonstrating possession of the relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email to [email protected] quoting the position of interest in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA one month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 15th December 2021 by 5:00pm