Job Title: Contract Engineer (EI)
Duty Station: Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The enabling infrastructure packages comprising of multiple civil works and construction services contracts will aim at maximizing the works for local contractors and enhancing the national content of the project.
- To support the contracts team for the award of key Infrastructure contracts;
- The contracts include a number of construction contracts, shared services frame agreements, and supply contracts which are part of the global contracts mosaic of the Tilenga Facilities to be awarded. The administration of the prequalification process of potential Contractors and Suppliers.
- The preparation of the Call for tender documentation.
- The review and evaluation of Contractual/Commercial proposals including the detailed assessment of contractual qualifications.
- Contractual support for the preparation of the Recommendation to award.
- Finalization of contract documentation ready for signature.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc in Engineering Discipline or Quantity Surveying with proven experience in on similar contracts : construction and civil works and experience with FIDIC contracts.
- At least ten years practical, relevant and progressive experience in preparation, negotiation, monitoring of complex technical contracts in the onshore and offshore oil or petrochemical industries. International project experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract processes in projects.
- Construction and civil works and experience with FIDIC contracts.
- Good general knowledge & understanding of project control, commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the Company in general, and “in depth” understanding where relevant to contracts for works, goods & services.
- Knowledge and understanding of different means of contractor remuneration and their commercial implications, practical experience of their use.
- Good communication, organizational skills, capabilities to take workload & work under pressure, able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Professional experience with National contractors in regions implementing industrial national content regulations.
- Cultural awareness and ability to promote a healthy working relationship with the potential National Contractors and Suppliers.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join TotalEnergies in this capacity should apply online at the link below.