Job Title: Country Procurement Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to: East Africa Procurement Manager
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Job Summary: The Uganda Procurement Manager will provide support in building and maintaining strong supplier partnerships. You are responsible for driving company supplier term negotiations, by ensuring we receive the best margins, payment terms, and build strong partnerships across the country operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate terms and conditions of supplier partnerships
- Schedule regular reports and meetings
- Actively manage and monitor the procurement and delivery of goods to the warehouses, to ensure KPIs are being met and revised regularly
- Improve supplier lead-time compliance through optimization of delivery tracking
- Managing supply chain relations activities at a country level
- Monitor all distribution agreement contracts and ensure invoices from suppliers and POs to suppliers are as per the agreed terms.
- Proactively identify opportunities that will align supplier needs with the organizational goals
- Manage and implement strategies for procuring, and distributing goods to maintain stock levels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or a Related Field
- A minimum of three years of experience in a similar role
- Understanding of Procurement Management Procedures, Logistics Skills, Strategic Planning Abilities
- Understand cross-border logistics
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced sales environment
- Strong negotiating and consulting skills
- Strong data analysis and superior organizational skills,
- Effective interpersonal and analytical abilities
- Strong oral, written communication & presentation skills
- Willingness to travel for work within the country
- Must love working with people and cross-cultural teams
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.