Job ID 33108
Job Title: Credit Manager – Wholesale Credit Risk
Organisation: Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Absa Group Limited (formerly Barclays Bank UK) is a diversified standalone African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of products and services across personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance. Absa Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Job Summary: A credit professional responsible for credit risk structuring and sanctioning of transactions covering multiple industry sectors within defined discretionary limits. The Credit Manager – Wholesale Credit Risk will support the Wholesale Credit team in providing credit input to Absa Bank Uganda (ABU), delivering a World-Class Credit service, and contributing towards achievement of the teams’ risk and business objectives. The incumbent will be tasked with ensuring the optimal quality of the credit portfolio by application of best practice in decision-making, to a maximum defined personal lending discretion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Credit Risk Management (70% Outputs)
- Ensure the highest standard of credit quality through the structure, sanctioning, monitoring and control of credit applications. Making commercial decisions and taking full responsibility for the consequences.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of higher risk classification credit proposals.
- Provide feeds into business and credit policy development, where appropriate.
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of business and credit policies and processes.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk team to simplify and streamline our processes to improve the customer experience and effectively manage cost
- Adherence to governance, compliance & lending portfolio controls.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk team hierarchy to ensure the team performs its control responsibilities in a reliable, robust, and cost competitive manner.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk partners to manage our risk profile including impairment, market risk, operational risk, and financial crime risk.
Business Risk Partnership (30% Outputs)
- Support growth consistent with our strategy-aligned Risk Appetite, and in partnership with business areas
- Understands own role in the end-to-end credit process, including the application of applicable risks and controls
- Adheres to Absa’s policies and procedures demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management
- Deliver service in line with agreed service level agreements.
- Work in partnership with leadership to drive business strategy, provide advice, identify opportunities, and deepen client relationships
- Innovate, simplify, and streamline our processes to improve the customer experience and reduce cost.
- Work in partnership with leadership to improve the trust and confidence of our regulators
- Maintain interactive collaborative relationship with Country and AGL Credit Risk Sanctioning, Enablement, Policy, Governance and Conformance Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The applicant for the ABSA Bank job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree and Advanced Diploma in Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join ABSA Group in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 21st March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||ABSA Bank|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|