Job ID 30726
Job Title: Digital Marketing Associate
Organisation: SPOUTS of Water LTD
Duty Station: SPOUTS Head Office John Kiyingi Road, Nsambya, Kampala, Uganda
Reports To: SPOUTS Marketing Coordinator
Special Conditions: Some travel will be required between the SPOUTS head office, the factory in Kampala and other parts of Uganda in response to the demands of the marketing program.
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Mid-March 2023 or earlier
SPOUTS of Water LTD is a for-profit social business that manufactures and sells the Purifaaya™ ceramic water filters and distributes rocket stove technology. SPOUTS was created in Uganda in 2014 with the simple idea that ceramic water filters could be made and sold locally, providing an amazingly effective product through a sustainable business model. SPOUTS is currently the largest ceramic water filter manufacturer in Africa. Since SPOUTS sold its first Purifaaya in 2015, it has distributed 130,000+ filters to East Africa providing over 650,000 end-users with long-term access to safe drinking water. SPOUTS is a rapidly-growing organization with over 500 employees across Uganda and Rwanda. The next step is to expand its operations throughout East, West and Southern Africa.
Job Summary: The Digital Marketing Associate is a junior member of the marketing department. This person is the key person in charge of executing the company’s digital marketing campaigns. He/she is involved throughout the campaign ideation, planning, implementation, measurement, and optimisation process. It is therefore essential that you have hands-on experience using various digital marketing platforms.
The Digital Marketing Associate should understand the full marketing mix and be familiar with ways to analyse market research and customer behaviour. They should also be able to create spreadsheets and analyse quantitative data to interpret ROI and KPI metrics, as well as manage all the digital platforms accurately for the company, including LinkedIn, TikTok Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and the company website. The Digital Marketing Associate should update these platforms daily and share weekly reports accordingly. Ultimately, the Digital Marketing Associate should help us achieve our business goals and manage digital tasks to ensure the online marketing channels of the company run smoothly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support in the development of the overall digital marketing strategy (campaigns, SEO, promotions)
- Manage execution of digital campaigns
- Manage and maintain the company’s owned media including websites, mobile apps, and email/CRM software
- Conduct market research to inform campaigns
- Analyse performance of digital presence and campaigns to optimize strategies and track conversion rates
- Maintain and update data on digital initiatives
- Create digital reports on marketing and sales metrics, like conversion rates
- Manage the creation of relevant engaging digital content for publishing onto various social media and digital platforms
- Stay abreast of emerging digital tools and platforms, digital marketing trends, new technologies, and share insights with the rest of the team
- Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Always in a manner consistent with SPOUTS’ values
- Comply with the SPOUTS standards of conduct and all applicable policies and legislation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field
- Solid computer skills, including MS Excel, web analytics and Google AdWords
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills with a goal-oriented attitude
- Knowledge of digital marketing tools and techniques like Buffer, Google Analytics
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google AdWords etc.)
- At least two years of experience as digital personnel, community manager or social media manager
- Experience in a customer-facing role preferred
- Significant experience with SEO/SEM campaigns and digital tools
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and marketing technology applications such as web analytics and Google Ads
- Proficient in basic website maintenance and monitoring, experience with WordPress preferred
- High level of competence in spoken and written English skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Personal commitment to excellent customer service.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, managing work demands and evaluating progress while remaining responsive to changing priorities.
- Works autonomously, delegating appropriately to manage workload.
- Uses initiative to develop new approaches and to encourage high performance outcomes.
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
How to Apply:
Interested in applying for this role?
To apply, please use this link:
We will review applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 3 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 26th January 2023
|Hiring Organization||SPOUTS of Water LTD|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|