Job ID 32898
Job Title: Driver
Organisation: Imagine Her
Duty Station: Seguku Katale, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Administrative Associate
Imagine Her is a non-proft working to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with a robust innovation skillset and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda. We do this by providing tools and collaborating with communities as key advocates to prepare pathways for their socio-economic independence.
Our purpose is to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with robust innovation skills and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda and we envision a world where Ugandan women, girls, and youth are actively harnessing their potential, by initiating and advancing innovative and sustainable solutions to pressing needs in their communities.
Job Summary: The Driver will be responsible for driving the organization’s vehicle (Drone) during field activities across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport Imagine Her staff, visitors, documents, and goods/materials to designated destinations when officially approved
- Transporting only authorized staff and personnel
Vehicle maintenance and safety
- Maintain the vehicle in proper operating condition at all times, including keeping the vehicle clean, ensuring enough fuel, checking the technical state, etc.
- Ensure the safety and security of the passengers, the goods, and the vehicle
- In liaison with the line manager, arrange for repairs and servicing
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked appropriately in a safe and secure location and only drive it during working hours unless its on emergency
- Ensure the assigned vehicle has all the necessary documents and equipment
- Respect and abide by the national traffic regulations and the logistical/vehicle policies at all times
- Maintain the logbook for all trips
- Immediately report minor, major accidents and breakdowns and write an incident report
- Upholding the image of the organization by exhibiting acceptable behaviour and safe driving practices
- Work overtime when required
- Run other errands as assigned by the supervisor and management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as a Driver
- Possession of a valid driving permit preferably class DL-Taxis with up to 14 passengers
- Defensive driving skills
- Minimum O’ Level qualification
- Ability to communicate well with all staff and other associated personnel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience more than 3 years of driving experience, especially working with reputable NGOs, companies, or other institutions
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Respectful and a good listener
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations eg traffic jams in the city during rush hours
- Willingness to be out of home for sometimes 3 weeks or more since the work involves travels and field work that stretches for days, weeks, or a month
Imagine Her is a small nonprofit organization working with communities to accelerate the power and potential of women, girls, and youth as active leaders and social entrepreneurs creating sustainable solutions within their communities.
We’re looking for someone who can get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty. Someone who is kept up at night trying to find answers to the world’s most intractable problems and willing to make some errors along the way. We need an individual willing to share what they know and learn as they go – not afraid to take a step back and think about a problem. We’re looking for an expert with drive and heart. And we need someone who can do all those things, in some of the hardest places, and still have a lot of fun.
Contract: 1 year renewable
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their updated CVs and cover letters as A SINGLE FILE to email@example.com
Deadline: 31st March, 2023.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Imagine Her|
|Job Location||, , Wakiso, 0256, Uganda|