Job Title: Driver
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Head Driver, the Driver will be responsible for driving and maintaining ALIGHT vehicles within and outside Kampala Office as per technical guidance and specifications established by the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive assigned vehicle in safe manner and on movement schedules as directed by your supervisor.
- Drive organizational vehicles in strict adherence to the laws governing road safety for other motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and passengers.
- Maintain assigned vehicle in good working condition through daily routine checks on battery, water, oil, lighting, etc.
- Keeps assigned vehicle full of fuel, oil, water and other lubricants, and account to your supervisor for onward reporting.
- Keep and maintain motor vehicle Log Book.
- Wash, clean and make the vehicle tidy for use.
- Make weekly, or where necessary instant, reports to your supervisor regarding mechanical status of the allocated vehicle.
- Assist in identifying and carrying out minor motor vehicle repairs.
- Keep charge of the motor vehicle accessories kept in the allocated vehicle.
- Assist program staff in program activities whenever necessary.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary Level Education.
- Certificate in Defensive Driving
- Must hold a valid driving license with classes B, CM, DL and CH
- Five years of driving experience.
- Experience in working with multi-cultural environments.
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 20th November 2021