Job ID 33010
Job Title: Drivers for Land Cruisers & Trucks (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Job Summary: The role of the Driver for Land Cruisers & Trucks will be to provide transport services and maintain vehicles assigned in line with URCS Vehicle Management Policy and Procedures 2017.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive authorized staff, volunteers, delegates and visitors to and from various locations as per organisation’s policies and procedures;
- Safely drive URCS fleet vehicles for the transport of passengers and cargo as instructed and ensure that all occupants of the vehicle are wearing safety belts;
- Maintain vehicles clean and in good mechanical condition at all times and in line with URCS Policies;
- Pick, deliver and account for all correspondences (mails, messages, parcels, etc.) in line with instructions and office practice;
- Plan and budget for the vehicle and provide other logistical support and prepare periodic accountabilities;
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes, and internally agreed standards. Understand and obey all applicable traffic signs, rules and regulations;
- Make correct entries into the vehicle log book and ensure proper records are kept of all the spare keys, repairs, equipment (e.g. radios, antennae, etc.);
- Compile and submit monthly mileage, fuel and maintenance reports to Logistics Officer;
- Report all vehicle and driving related incidents to the Logistics Officer including minor and major accidents, vehicle performance and maintenance issues etc;
- Perform daily inspections for the assigned or any other vehicles and report to the supervisor accordingly;
- Work closely with staff, volunteers and delegates assigned on a timely basis;
- Make any such repairs that are necessary for the efficient operation of the vehicle including changing of tyres in case of puncture, changing oils, car batteries etc;
- Follow up on monthly service repairs and report to supervisor;
- Refill the vehicle with fuel at designated fueling stations;
- Coordinate with Logistics Officer to ensure timely replenishment of fuel cards, routine vehicle repair and maintenance and validity of vehicle insurance;
- Ensure tool kits, fire extinguisher and first aid kit of the vehicle are maintained;
- Drive and take good care of the vehicle and other equipment fitted on the vehicle;
- Be available on daily basis during the hours agreed with the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Refrain from any action which may adversely affect the reputation of the Uganda Red Cross Society;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) or its equivalent from an approved, recognized and reputable academic institution;
- Valid Driving License (Classes DL, CM and B are desirable)
- Five years of experience in driving preferably with a reputable organization
- Proven experience driving 4×4 vehicles
- Innovation and creatively
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Technology awareness
- Defensive driving skills
- Good command of the English language (oral and written) is a must with ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- High level of integrity.
- Planning strategically.
- Proven integrity.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please send your filled application form Download Here and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms, academic transcripts and certificates should be e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered, and or by post to:
The Secretary General,
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 27th March 2023 at 5: 00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS)|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|