Job Title: DSB (Drilling Support Base) Coordinator
Organisation: Q-Sourcing Servtec
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Division: Tilenga Project
Direction: D&W Logistics
Reports to: D&W Logistics Manager
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Job Summary: Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Drilling Support Base Coordinator to work in Tilenga.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards while demonstrating personal commitment to the HSE Policy and Promote the waste management “5 R principles” hierarchy, i.e.: Reduce, Recover, Reuse, Recycle, Residue disposal.
- Actively participate in Company Safety awareness and initiative schemes and evaluate risks at the appropriate level and take considered and measured risks only.
- Openly question established practices and achieve continuous quality and cost optimization improvements and actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
- Plan & coordinate all warehouse & Base operations & services to ensure a high level of efficiency, whilst maintaining best safety practice.
- Maintain an operating strategy to ensure both cost effectiveness and flexibility to cater for varying operational workloads & challenges.
- Host daily operations meeting / toolbox talks ensure cost control efficiency for shipment “deadlines” for rental returns.
- Ensure contracted services are managed to provide Affiliate with a competent and capable workforce/service and perform Service Quality Meetings (SQM).
- Demonstrate an authoritative role by independently making decisions and supervising site personnel, only referring when necessary. Take the initiative in promoting new ideas, tackling relevant issues and adding value wherever possible.
- Enhance communication with all Affiliate entities (Field Operations, Drilling & Completion, Projects, Contracts & Procurement, Finance, etc.) and with Line Manager, to reach an efficient supply process in line with the “On time, in full” principle.
- Be conversant/comply with Uganda Legislation, Company Rules, Procedures, and Instructions. Ensure full compliance with SOX standards with respect to system security & reporting.
- Ensure that the Company Management System, in relation to Warehouse and Base functions, is adequately implemented to maintain safety and security for both personnel & sites.
- Ensure procedures are regularly kept up to date, understood, implemented, and adhered to, in order to ensure statutory and company requirements are met
- Ensure line management are kept informed on relevant issues which could affect safety, operational and commercial aspects of the operations, maintain records and statistics to ensure accurate reporting, follow up KPI & CPI related to the logistic base operations.
- Optimize the resources and operations in line with the 3C principles and LEAN methodology.
- Maintain and demonstrate own competency through LSO CAP (Competency Assessment Program).
- Prepare annual budget to adhere to agreed activity profile.
- Ensure regular monitoring & reconciliation of all physical stock held at Company sites.
- Liaise with Affiliate entities (Field Operations, Drilling & Completion, Projects, etc.), in particular the Technical Administrators (TADM), for the management of surplus stock, approving operations for disposal activities including actions for the reduction of stock.
- DSB Logistics Operations (planning, execution, improvements) to ensure means availability vs expressed needs.
- Operational support based on the safety, quality and continues improvement in accordance with Affiliate and Group guidelines.
- Logistics operations with continues focus on costs improvements initiatives and SOX compliance.
- Personal commitment and proactive approach towards goals and required achievements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Logistics Base management level with in-depth knowledge of onshore project Logistics Management in a very busy and demanding environment in Oil and Gas industry and major offshore projects/fields.
- Hands on experience in onshore Health, Safety & Environment operations in complex and major Oil and Gas operations with ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions, ability to adapt, analyse problems and communicate with all entities, flexible and able to write Standing Instructions and Procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in ERP systems including SAP and database management including MS access, word, project, excel.
How to Apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply online at the link below
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Q-Sourcing Servtec Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Any Solicitation Will Lead To Disqualification.
Deadline: Monday 22nd November, 2021 at 09:00am