Job ID 22609
Job Title: Intervention Data Officer (Re-advertised)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 7,000,000 and UGX 8,000,000 /=
Reports to: Sector Expert in Data Management
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1,800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Summary: Enabel in Uganda in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and with funding from the Government of Belgium is seeking to recruit ONE Intervention Data Officer to be based in Kampala with frequent travels to the West Nile and Rwenzori regions.
In addition, Enabel also seeks to establish a recruitment reserve for the same position to be incorporated in its operational teams for future purposes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You support data management activities of the national Results Based Financing (RBF) program to ensure all the RBF related data are collected, stored, summarized, analyzed and availed to the appropriate stakeholders, at the appropriate time, with the appropriate modalities, and with the appropriate level of detail and analysis to allow decision making;
- You support in the provision of the necessary technical input in the area of data management and monitoring and evaluation in order to support RBF unit to effectively manage RBF data in accordance with national and international norms and standards;
- You support in the contribution to knowledge building and knowledge management in result-based financing both within the intervention and within the wider national RBF implementation framework.
- Manage and analyse aggregated and individual-level data using to bring meaning to data along all data dimensions at demand for effective health program monitoring, planning, and decision making.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Information Management, Data Management and other related studies;
- Five years’ work experience as a Specialist in Data Management, Administration and Analysis;
- Five years of work experience in the Public Health Sector of Uganda with demonstrated experience in use of electronic health related data platforms to inform implementation of service delivery.
- Full knowledge of the MoH’s HMIS Structure, Data Flow across levels of health management, data elements, the national core HMIS indicators and their definitions, data management processes, their data sources and interdependency for quality Data Collection and Reporting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and familiarity with MoH’s strategic information reporting requirements, cycles and systems including DHIS2, HRIS, eIDSR, eLMIS, etc. is highly preferred.
- Knowledge in database development, deployment and regular monitoring.
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics and visualizations including but not limited to infographics,
- Skills and competencies in training and mentorship in data management and analysis using the different relevant packages as required by staff and other stakeholders
- cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- You have advanced skills in: ICT-maintenance, set up of ICT-equipment & software and-programming skills.
- You are familiar with modern database and information system technologies.
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach.
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
- You show engagement, sense of responsibility and integrity.
- A fascinating and varied job.
- You are included in our reserve of applicants with a view of being contacted once there is a job opening or a new job is being created. You are included in the recruitment reserve for a period of 3 years. First recruitment is scheduled between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project in some of the projects Enabel operates in Uganda.
- A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 7,000,000 and UGX8,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the on-line application link below:
Deadline: 25th February, 2022 by 11:59pm
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.