Job Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource Officer
Monthly gross salary: UGX 7,000,000 and UGX 8,000,000
Enabel is the Belgian development agency. It implements the Belgian governmental cooperation. The agency also implements actions for other national and international donors. With its Belgian and international partners Enabel provides solutions to address urgent global challenges: Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Social and Economic Inequalities and Global Citizenship. With 1.800 staff, Enabel manages about 150 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa and the Middle East.
Job Summary: The Talent Acquisition Specialist will implement a qualitative talent acquisition process, attracting top expertise to meet the short, medium and long-term needs of the organisation in order to achieve Enabel’s objectives. The successful candidate will be required to search, recruit and select candidates for National positions locally within the context of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- You conduct job intake interviews with the different responsible Project Managers and creatively determine the most appropriate recruitment strategy and channels for each position.
- You carry out the various stages of the selection process i.e. Active recruitment, screening of CV’s, preparation of shortlists, preparation of any assessment centres, analysis of test results, organising the interview jury/panel and providing feedback to each candidate.
- You maintain optimal communication with the Human Resource Officer, Project Managers, external stakeholders, candidates and other Enabel colleagues with regard to recruitment and selection processes.
- Together with other Colleagues, you ensure that Enabel has the right tools and processes in place to make the best decisions about candidates.
- You implement proactive and quality acquisition methods to attract talent in the medium and long-term as well as develop Employer branding activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration with a bias towards Human Resource Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management is an added value.
- At least five years of relevant experience in Talent Management, Recruitment and Selection processes with Development Agencies or in a relevant NGO setting.
- At least three years of relevant experience in the Human Resource field.
- Required Skills and Knowledge
- You have broad and in-depth understanding of the various aspects of international cooperation (context, challenges, strengths, partners, functioning, etc.).
- You have knowledge in Talent Management; how to attract the right expertise in a recruitment process.
- You have experience in using recruitment channels and the use of social media when launching job openings.
- Knowledge and Understanding of the Labour Laws of the Republic of Uganda.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with Professionalism and Diplomacy.
- Excellent Organisational skills and ability to pay attention to detail
- You show respect and are able to build relations on the basis of credibility and expertise.
- You have very good information and communication technology skills (Excellent knowledge of MS office and internet).
- You have experience and knowledge in Leadership and People Management.
- You are very skilled at solving problems and you adopt a solution- and results-oriented approach.
- You are a fully registered member of the Human Resource Association of Uganda.
- You commit to the vision, mission and values of Enabel
A fascinating and varied job in an international environment.
Following this publication, a three-year recruitment reserve is established for any similar position. The first position is scheduled to start between three and twelve months. Contracts are for the term of the project with a possibility of project extension.
A salary package that comprises the monthly gross salary between UGX 7,000,000 and UGX8,000,000 which is commensurate with experience and in accordance with our salary scales, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December.
How to Apply:
All Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, updated CV (curriculum vitae) of 4 pages’ maximum using the on-line application link below:
Deadline: 26th November 2021