Job ID 33045
Job Title: Engineer – Application Development
Organisation: MTN Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager – IT Design and Delivery
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Engineer – Application Development will be responsible for the development and implementation of the various applications, API services and technologies. Develop and support applications/API services (following the wider MTN group architectural principles) that will support to meet business and customer requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the evolution of application and API Services and align vendor roadmaps.
- Work closely with Digital Platforms & Delivery teams to validate, develop and test new solutions.
- Develop API Services to extend beyond the MTN Telco boundaries.
- Drive automated deployments for application and API Services.
- Ensure data is distributed across API Service Channels following the group architectural principles.
- Support the application and API Service architecture associated with the underlying platform infrastructure and the integration to back-end systems.
- Use the approved tools and technologies to develop for and support team members and the services they provide.
- Develop according to internal standards, MTN group technology and legal and security requirements.
- Develop within the framework and requirements for application and API services and infrastructure to enable effective services to MTN Uganda.
- Develop and Integrate API services with new and existing technologies and platforms within MTN Uganda.
- Research, define, propose, and implement new trends and services in terms of application development to enable best-in-class innovative solutions and services.
- Support and maintain all in-house developed platforms and service architecture within MTN Uganda.
- Support application operations and ensure that solutions are fit-for-purpose and meeting required business KPI’s and targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electrical/Telecom Engineering
- Relevant certification / accreditation as required for role.
- Programing skills, Knowledge of Microservices Architecture, UNIX/Solaris/Linux and Database Administration skills.
- Three years of experience in relevant sector/industry/ area of specialization
- Worked in a diverse culture.
- Software development experience with key focus on integration technologies
- Deep understanding of API and application design, development, and lifecycle management process
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Conflict management skills
- Flexibility – the ability to adapt and change in the light of changing circumstances / new information.
- Negotiation skills
- Quality management skills
- Risk management skills
- Strong “can-do attitude” combined with an ability to use minimum resources to get maximum outputs.
NB: Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join MTN Uganda Limited in this capacity should apply online
Deadline: 20th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||MTN Uganda Limited|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|