Job Title: IT Helpdesk Support (Entry Level Jobs)
Organisation: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
Job Summary: We’re looking for an IT Support who’s resourceful and excited about getting things done. You’ll be responsible for troubleshooting and being the point of contact for tools as we rapidly scale our business. You might take on this responsibility for an office location or team, and work in close coordination with other IT Helpdesk Support members and your IT Helpdesk Support Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our IT team to monitor and maintain internet access at the office to ensure 99.9% uptime, including liaising with external suppliers
- Ensure everyone in the office has access to the tools that they need to do their role
- Maintain equipment and hardware supplies, troubleshoot hardware and electronic issues.
- Support onboarding to ensure employees are setup with the IT equipment and tools that they need
- Ensure employees are set up on the correct hardware for their job
- Support with monitoring the performance of existing computer systems and IT infrastructures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least two years of experience as the IT Support in a fast-paced office setting
- Experience managing network setup (Cisco or any Networking certification is desirable)
- Experience troubleshooting and providing customer support in an IT role (ITIL certification is desirable)
- Good communicator with ability to work with diverse cultural teams.
- Knowledgeable in managing iOS and Android devices.
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Experience managing and working with mobile device management applications (Jamf, Google MDM, etc)
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving attitude
How to Apply:
All Interested and qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.