Job ID 33080
[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Public Administration, and Government , Category: Environment ]
Electricity Regulatory Authority
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 07 2023
Within Uganda , Kampala, East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 07 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Similar Jobs in Uganda
Learn more about Electricity Regulatory Authority
Electricity Regulatory Authority jobs in Uganda
5 Years Monitoring and
Participate in Planning, Regulating and managing the segment of the environment within mandate of the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) and in line with the provisions of the National Environment Act ,2019 and the Electricity Act 1999 (as amended).
• Support the Electricity Regulatory Authority in planning, regulating and managing the segment of the environment within its mandate,
• Carry out and implement strategic environmental assessments for Authority business in accordance with National Environment Act 2019,
• Prepare and implement environment action plans for the Authority and the electricity sector in general in accordance with the law,
• Support the Electricity Regulatory Authority in Preparing the Sector State of the Environment Report for the electricity sector in accordance with the law,
• Evaluate Project briefs to be submitted to ERA in accordance with National Environment Act 2019 for approval.
• Monitor implementation of the decisions of the Electricity Regulatory Authority with respect to the segment of environment under its mandate and enforce compliance with environmental and social obligations in accordance with Licenses granted and the law.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or Management.
Academic Qualifications and Working Experience
• At least an upper second degree in Environmental Sciences from a recognized Institution.
• Training in Environmental Management tools such as EIA, Environment audit, Strategic Environmental Assessment, etc.
• Must have at least Three (3) Years of relevant professional experience mainly in environmental development planning in a reputable organization.
• Should demonstrate requisite experience in Strategic Environmental Assessment procedures and environmental action planning procedures.
• Should demonstrate very good analytical and report writing skills.
• Should be 35years of age and below.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Visit (www.pila‐consultants.com) to download andread full job descriptions. If you believe you have the relevant qualificationsand experience, please send your detailedApplication and CV demonstrating possession ofthe relevant competencies, current position, names and addresses of three referees via email email@example.com ; not later than 5.00pm. 7th April, 2023 quoting the position ofinterest in the subject line.
N.B: Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of ERA shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualification. ERA is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PILA Consultants Ltd
Partners in Learning and Action Consultants
Plot 648, Nanfumbambi RoadKikoni, Makerere West
P. O. Box 9092 Kampala‐Uganda,