Job Title: Field Officer
Organisation: Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa (HRNS)
Duty Station: Uganda
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa (HRNS) supports smallholder families in Uganda to take a proactive role in shaping their lives in an informed and self-determined way. Our approach combines the development of advanced agricultural practices, appropriate farm and household management strategies, adaptation to climate change, and member-oriented farmer organizations. Gender equality, intergenerational dialogue, skills development, and entrepreneurship for young people are vital in all our activities.
Job Summary: To complement our team in one of our project locations, we are looking to recruit a Field Officer for Organizational Development. The position will be based in the Greater Luwero region and cover the districts of Luwero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in Organizational Development, Agribusiness, Cooperative Management, Agriculture, or any other related field
- At least five years of experience working with agricultural cooperatives in rural communities/ locations.
- Basic knowledge and experience in agronomy and climate change adaptation in coffee will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of Luganda language is required
- Fluency in English language and good report writing skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding license
How to Apply:
All interested candidates for the abovementioned positions, please send us your application including your latest resume (max. 4 pages) and a cover letter (max. 2 pages) including contact details of 3 referees to [email protected]
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 8th January 2022