Job Title: Field Specialist
Duty Station: Wakiso, Uganda
Redeem is a Christian (International) NGO with a mission of protecting widows and orphans from violent abuse and exploitation. We are currently launching casework teams in the Wakiso and Iganga districts to partner with local law enforcement authorities in land grabbing cases.
Redeem is seeking qualified justice sector professionals to represent individual land grabbing victims in criminal and civil cases while contributing to Redeem’s culture of Christian excellence.
Job Summary: As a Redeem Field Specialist, you will support the other members of the team in representing individual victims of violence in the criminal civil and administrative justice systems and enhance the capacities of our law enforcement partners from the Justice Law and Order Sector (“ILOS”) while contributing to Redeem’s culture of Christian excellence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Security and Safety
- Ensuring the safety and security of Redeem staff members, clients, partners and property;
- Identifying, and responding to potential safety and security risks, including but not limited to abuser
- retaliation, common crime, disease, political unrest, accidents and environmental hazards;
- Evaluating, monitoring and maintaining the safety and security of Redeem’s work environment;
- Developing and implementing safety and security plans for all travel and/or field-operations; Providing security escort services to staff members engaged in travel and/or field-operations; Liaising with law enforcement and contracted security personnel in the provision of security services;
- Communicating with team members with regard to safety and security risks, incidents and responses;
- Serving as point of contact for team and leadership with regard to safety and security issues; and
- Documenting all safety and security risks, incidents and responses per Redeem’s standard protocols;
- Providing transportation for staff members, Redeem visitors, partners and clients on official duties;
- Driving Redeem owned and/or leased vehicles on business travel and/or field operations;
- Managing the allocation of Redeem transport resources by assigning, leasing and allocating vehicles;
- Ensuring the safety, professionalism, cleanliness and fitness for purpose of Redeem-leased vehicles;
- Ensuring the proper care, cleanliness, repair and maintenance of Redeem owned vehicles; Maintaining all required licenses, registrations and insurance of Redeem’s vehicles and drivers; Briefing drivers and passengers on safety and security concerns while traveling to high-risk locations;
- Communicating with team members regarding travel plans, resources, safety and issues;
- Serving as point of contact for team and leadership with regard to transportation issues;
- Documenting the use, repair and maintenance of vehicles per Redeem’s standard protocols.
- Communicating with donors, supporters, media and other outside parties about Redeem’s work;
- Contributing to the review and design of organizational systems, guidelines and policies;
- Participating in Redeem’s professional development and spiritual formation activities;
- Supporting other teams within Redeem in the achievement of their objectives;
- Identifying lessons learned and opportunities for improvement in the field; Performing clerical duties (photocopying, filing, posting, errands, etc.) as needed, and Completing other duties as assigned.
- Redeem strives to build a culture of Christian excellence that reflects the following four core values.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Ordinary Level certificate or higher level of educational attainment;
- Two years of progressive experience in similar roles in a reputable organisation; Preferred: Three or more years of experience in law enforcement and/or military service;
- Familiarity and experience driving in the Gulu and Amuru district; and
- Preferred: Experience in working in a multinational organization.
- Required: Fluency in English and Luganda with excellent written and oral communication in both;
- Required: A valid driver’s license and certificate in defensive driving; Preferred: Self-defense and/or emergency responder training and certification; Preferred: Certificate or demonstrable working knowledge in motor vehicle mechanics;
- Preferred: Computer literacy with capacity in word processing, email and other systems; and
- Preferred: Understanding of Google business suite and digital project management tools.
- Required: Mature Christian faith; Required: High degree of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Required: Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work on a multidisciplinary team; Required: Excellent independent professional judgement and ethical decision-making;
- Required: Innovative and creative problem solving in the face of complex nuanced issues;
- Required: Persistence and tenacity in the face of difficult problems or challenges;
- Required: Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve results in fast-paced environment; and
- Required: Love-motivated service orientation toward clients, colleagues, partners and adversaries.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, with copies of their academic credentials, to [email protected]
Deadline: 14th January 2022.