Job Title: Finance Officer (UG)
Organisation: Agricycle Global
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Agricycle Global is a for-profit Benefit Corporation. Our job is to eradicate extreme rural poverty in all its forms and we’re happy to show you how far we’ve come on this very long journey.
Job Summary: As our Finance Officer in Uganda, you will report to the Finance Manager in Kenya and work closely with the Operations Coordinator and Field Officers in Uganda. You will support Agricycle’s growth by performing critical office functions and reducing team members’ workloads with reliability, diligence and attention to detail. You will proactively find ways to support the team and will regularly multitask multiple responsibilities including assigned projects apart from regular duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete all accounting requirements for all subsidiaries in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
- File all monthly taxation and statutory requirements in Uganda and manage Agricycle’s exposure.
- Support the Finance Manager and UG Operations Coordinator in bookkeeping and record keeping.
- Record all cash accounting, creditor and debtor accounts on Quickbooks Online.
- Maintain individual staff cash accounts and all inventory counts and recordings.
- Fulfill information requests by other Agricycle entities in the United States, Kenya and Tanzania.
- Perform assigned projects such as cost of operations per field officer or liaise with external auditors.
- Schedule outside vendors and travel arrangements including services, buses and flights.
- Answer, direct and take care of phone inquiries and provide support to visitors at our office.
- Sort and distribute mail and occasionally travel off-site to ship documents or packages.
- Accomplish all other reasonable responsibilities provided by supervising team members.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University degree and certifications (CPA, ACA, ACCA) or highly related business degree.
- At least three years of demonstrable experience in accounting and finance..
- Experience with the Ugandan tax code and regulatory environment and reporting requirements.
- Good communication skills (written, oral and digital); good command of English is necessary.
- Demonstrated compassion and empathy, strong work ethic and unimpeachable integrity.
- Readiness and ability to regularly perform under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Readiness to travel anywhere in Nairobi under short notices and occasionally work odd hours.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer applications, especially: google drive and spreadsheets.
- Highly creative with a hunger for innovation and are natural-born problem solvers.
- Motivated by a passion to make the world a better place and love to take on challenges.
- Servant leaders who help to build the team and take on whatever role is necessary.
- Eager to learn and thrive in the fast-paced “fail fast, fail often” startup culture we embody.
- Collaborative in a highly diverse and global team and can work independently when remote.
- Critical and strategic thinkers with strong decision-making skills.
- Empathetic and patient, knowing no task is below them.
- Strong team players, knowing teamwork is necessary and that each role supports the other.
Remote restrictions: Must be a resident of Uganda
How to Apply:
Send all applications online at the link below. Attach the following as one combined PDF: a) cover letter addressed to the Director of East Africa; b) CV with three reachable referees; and c) academic and other qualification documents. Clearly state the position you are applying for in your letter. Agricycle does not charge for applications or interviews.
Deadline: 7th January 2022 by 5:00pm EAT