Job ID 21450
Job Title: Finance Officer
Organisation: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. / Johanniter International Assistance
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager UGA
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. is a German Christian non-governmental organization and has been active in Uganda since 2017 supporting local partners in various fields such as health care, disaster risk reduction, nutrition, food security and livelihoods. In July 2017 Johanniter opened an office in Kampala in order to enhance its Uganda programme and strengthen the cooperation with its local partners.
Currently, together with our Ugandan partner organisations, Johanniter is implementing several projects throughout the country, mainly covering: Nutrition Health WASH and livelihoods /food security sectors.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer will manage and record the Transactions into the SUN upload template and ensure payments to all suppliers based on the invoices generated from Logistics and administrative Offices; Process all the Payment Vouchers ensuring all necessary supporting Documentations are available, appropriately signed by various authorities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy and Vision
- Actively supports the values of Johanniter and shapes programme work according to these values
- Together with the Head of Mission and Finance Manager, ensures the development and implementation of the Johanniter International Assistance strategy in her/his area of responsibility
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the global strategy of Johanniter International Assistance
- Participate in budget development, budget monitoring and review meetings.
- Ensure that expenditures are properly recorded in SUN upload template.
- Perform bi weekly cash count on Friday and report any discrepancy to Finance Manager for further action. File all cash counts report in separate file for audit purpose.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of the cashbooks and ensure proper filling of all financial documents.
- Extract Budget Monitoring Reports from SUN System on 12th of each month, organize monthly BVA’s review meetings with Program staff and Partners. Discuss over/underspending issues and share report feedback to country office.
- Process volunteer payment to country office for approval. Monitor volunteer payment and ensure that all volunteers are paid on timely basis.
- Monitor finance activities (trainings at field, construction work etc.) and ensure that payment is released to the right person and in transparent manner.
Processing and payment to suppliers/vendors
- Receive payment requests from Logistics department and prepare the voucher of payments and submit them for authorization and approval ensuring that all documentation is properly signed and dated correctly.
- Ensure that all Receipts are stamped using the Johanniter Approval/ Paid stamp and that all in-voices and or receipts are signed by the suppliers.
- Pay market visit on random basis to cross check prices of different items to ensure that prices offered to Johanniter are matching the market prices.
- Ensure the invoices are arranged in a chronological order and file them accordingly in the various files for each cashbook.
- Maintain the Cashbook in specified SUN upload template, ensuring that all transactions are properly recorded.
- Ensure booking text descriptions, L-codes (project code L1, JUH budget lines L2, donor budget lines L3, source of funds L4, Country L5, partner L6, person L7 and Fibu code) are rightly allocated.
- Upload cash reports on SUN system for country office review and posting.
Support to ensure the accountancy in terms of quality, reliability and transparency
- Ensure the management of cash boxes (following up advances and maintaining the advances register, physical inventories, expenditure conciliations, etc.)
- Ensure monthly cash forecast of the projects in coordination with the partners and submit to country finance department for approval and timely disbursement.
- Check purchasing procedures are followed (RFPs, PA, and Payment Vouchers are systematically signed by authorized persons).
- Check that expenditures are validated by the management taking into consideration all the Validation Thresholds of Johanniter for Programme Manager, Head of Mission and the Programme Coordinator at the HQ.
- Check the justification documents and their conformity (requisition forms, quote analyses, invoices, inventories, etc.) in for all the transactions done before payments are made.
- Ensure all vouchers from Partners are copied after thorough checking of all necessary documentations, relevant signatures and any other requirement as per the financial guidelines.
- Ensure all vouchers are properly filed for audit purpose and access to the documents is limited to finance staff only.
Update, control and validate the monthly accountancy
- Close monthly finance report on 30th for review and uploading on SUN System.
- Perform monthly cash counts, sign, last working day of each month.
- Analyse cash box disparities and inform the Country Finance Manager immediately in case of any differences realized.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of projects financial reports (monthly, quarterly and final).
- In the absence of Finance Manager, the Finance Manager will be the focal point person for all finance related issues.
- Support Finance Manager during the Audit process ensuring that all documentation needed are made available to the Auditors, answer some queries and coordinates with other finance team to ensure smooth Audit process.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Management
- Minimum of two (2) years of solid experience in financial management, and administration in an INGO setting.
- Professional in Excel, Words and computerised accounting. Knowledge of the SUN System or any accounting software is essential
- Honest and of high integrity
- Ability to Multi-task while maintaining a stringent eye on detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and representation skills
- Accurate and precise work style
- Ability to organize, plan ahead and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adapt, good team player, discrete, responsible and innovative
- Fluency in English
- Johanniter is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Suitable candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- We require background checks (incl. criminal record and reference checks) to protect the vulnerable and prevent abuse.
How to Apply:
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors as well as job certificates if available) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Finance Officer Uganda” in the subject line of your e-mail and the application mention your earliest date of availability.
Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Interviews are expected to take place between 10th – 21st January 2022. The candidates will be invited by mail at short notice.
Deadline: 3rd February 2022.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare