Job ID 22806
Job Title: Franchise Governance Officer
Organisation: Citi Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Citigroup is today’s pre-eminent financial services company and was built to create a highly diversified financial services company that could act as one to deliver solutions to clients throughout the world. With the most diverse array of products and the greatest distribution capacity of any financial firm in the world, our employees manage 200 million customer accounts across six continents in more than 100 countries. Citi works tirelessly to provide consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products.
Job Summary: The Franchise Governance Officer is a key First Line of Defense role responsible for supporting an FGO/ Senior FGO in a country or sub-cluster in executing franchise governance and franchise management in line with IFM and Citi’s Policies and implementation of transformation initiatives. The FGO will report to the East Africa FGO under the SSA CAO organization and matrix into the Uganda and Zambia CCOs
Job Background/context: East Africa sub-cluster spans 4 presence countries and 5 Hub Managed Countries (HMCs) covering Citi’s institutional businesses. The FGO’s primary responsibilities cover the proactive management of governance aspects for the assigned countries in line with IFM guidelines and enhancement of the risks and controls environment. The FGO will work closely with Product and Functional areas that engage with the East Africa sub-cluster.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support lead FGO & CCOs in performing governance oversight for country franchise, including legal entity management
- Ensure that country governance framework (Including HMCs) complies with policy requirements and committees are run in accordance to applicable charters.
- Review evidence of compliance & escalate instances of non-compliance.
- Coordinate BRCC on behalf of the CCO. Review deck materials and distribute to participants. Prepare and distribute minutes. Monitor follow-up actions.
- Coordinate CCC on behalf of the CCO. Review deck materials and distribute to participants. Prepare and distribute minutes. Monitor follow-up actions.
- Maintain Charters and other governance documents and reporting
- Scorecards – review validation & coordination, follow up on Red and Amber items
- IFM/Franchise Management Coordination
- Board governance oversight in conjunction with Company Secretaries
Risk and Controls:
- Oversight of activities related to GRC. Support the franchise during monitoring/testing activities, MCA, Control Performance Assessment and Quarterly and Annual Risk Assessments coordination (QRAs, ARAs).
- Oversight of Issue Management to ensure proper identification of issues and timely CAP closures. Escalation of any potential Issue re-targets, re-opens, target dates at risk. Work with the businesses to ensure necessary approvals are secured for any re-targets. Escalate any items at risk and secure support for remediation efforts in conjunction with 2nd Line and other partners.
- Oversight of Operational Risk controls, issues, remediation efforts and controls enhancements. Includes Data governance (CCO attestation coordination).
- Oversight and support for third party management in each location
- Oversight of Compliance Risk controls, issues, remediation efforts and controls enhancements, including AML, Sanctions, Conduct Risk
- Oversight of Operational resilience activities, incl. continuity of business and Cyber exercise, in conjunction with responsible country teams
- Oversight of NPAC / PAP processes and proposals
- Coordination of country scenario plan
- Oversight of ICAAP process to support CCO in conjunction with Risk and Business
- Audit Management & independent review coordination in conjunction with ICRM
- Coordinate Business Reviews for the CCO: produce material, follow up on action items till closure
- Coordinate selected items in annual planning cycle & Strategic planning, expense planning
- Represent Governance & Controls in Transformation programs as per assigned tasks
- Internal Communication and initiatives in conjunction with GPA
- Support general franchise initiatives assigned by Cluster FGO
- Coordinate People initiatives in conjunction with HR: R&R, VOE, MA Program
Regulatory Engagement & Interaction Oversight:
- Supporting the CCO in regulatory, governmental and other public engagement as required
- Oversight of Regulatory Interactions to ensure interactions are appropriately recorded in RET
- Regulatory Audit oversight in conjunction with ICRM
- The position provides a very wide scope of activities and geographic coverage with frequent interaction with senior management of all product, coverage and functional lines. In addition to this exposure, the position provides learning opportunities for leadership across a diverse set of countries with a wide range of management challenges
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Citi Bank job placement should be a Graduate/ Postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Legal and/or Finance
- Eight years of experience in the Financial Services Industry, preferably with experience in corporate governance, enterprise risk management, consulting, program management, compliance and/or legal
- NB: Exceptional candidates without this level of experience will be considered
- Up-to-date understanding of key risk management and corporate governance concepts
- General understanding of financial institutions framework and applicable regulation
- Knowledge of the financial services industry, including businesses, products and risk management processes. Citi-specific knowledge is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and Strong data analytical skills
- Highly collaborative and solution focused
- Quick learner, team oriented with strong organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Able to handle complex deliverables independently.
- Highly organized with a capability of working with a large number of regional and global stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with counterparts in different areas of the organization, working across geographies and corporate functions
- Ability to manage through influence (e.g. in the absence of reporting lines or matrix reporting)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze operational and financial impact of initiatives and risk mitigation approaches, while providing effective challenge to the businesses and functions
- Ability to prioritize and drive results in a deadline driven environment while maintaining attention to detail and complete accuracy
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and ‘no surprises’ approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify gaps in information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
How to Apply:
All applicants who to join Citi Group in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the web link below.