Job ID 23637
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
SNV is an international development organisation that applies practical know-how to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has annual revenues of over €120 million, and 1300 staff working in 25 countries across Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission.
Job Summary: To tell the success stories of the TIDE II project impact, it is imperative a communication intern be sourced to support with documentation of the different activities and how they are leading to the desired transformational change. Currently project has hit several milestones and there are many stories to tell about the project including the many photographs collected under the different project units. However, for the project to be able to showcase its impact, it needs an intern to support with putting all the different documents together including photos and support in writing success stories to be shared widely. The key role of the intern will be to follow up field activities and document success stories and work with M&E team to add qualitative information on the collected numbers by the monitoring unit. The intern will work closely with the head of communications at SNV Kampala office and being supported by the TIDE M&E unit with guidance on the potential areas for success story documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aggregate the different photos taken by the units during implementation and have them into one area to easy on access to the photos when needed
- Undertake field visits and participate in planning, writing, and managing information updates, activity briefs, and other information products (media content – photos and stories) for partners, and stakeholders as requested.
- Work with the SNV head of communications to write, edit, and distribute content, including publication and press release.
- Support with compiling project writes Compiling reports from all units
- Assist with reporting of TIDE events with support of the country communications officer
- Support in compiling success stories of the project’s activities
- Work with M&E team to provide numbers to beef up success stories prepared for sharing with the public.
- Support in maintaining and updating the TIDE social media sites and or write copy of posts
- Track, research and analyze information on assigned topics/issues, gather information from diverse sources and help to assess news value and other potential impact, as well as to evaluate the effectiveness of information campaigns.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics
- Support with the general administrative and communications support as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a university Degree in public relations, communication, journalism, or marketing or be a final year student or fresh graduate who has completed or is currently taking two or more writing for public relations courses
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Possess the ability to accurately follow directions
- Have a high degree of organization and self-motivation
- Have an ability to multitask
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Basic knowledge in diary and agricultural practices
- Eager to learn and work with various teams.
- Knowledge of the Runyakitara is an added advantage
- Experience with online and social media communication strategies
- The ability to act as an effective and efficient team player.
- Willingness to travel.
Additional Information: The required intern will support the project activities for a period of six months working from 1st April to and including September 2022.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below.