Job Title: Supply Clerk (Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary: UGX 38,006,469 /=
Position Number: Kampala- 2021-026
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Supply Clerk will perform a range of warehouse duties to include expendable property data entry duties, inventory management duties and house keeping duties. He/She is an incidental driver and will work under the supervision of the Expendables Supply Supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Data Entry – 45%
- Inputs all receipts and issuances of expendable supplies on a daily basis into ILMS database and liaise with the Storekeeper and Supply Clerks on all expendables supplies to ensure that stock records are updated.
- Create national stock numbers in the integrated logistics management system (ILMS) for all expendable supplies locally procured and those bought outside the US federal sources before stock issuance is done.
- Maintain and update the expendables catalogue regularly
- System transfer of items so that the physical product quantities match the system quantities
Inventory Management – 20%
- Prepare weekly reports on re-order levels, minimum and maximum levels for all expendables supplies at post for the Storekeeper to determine supplies needed.
- Participates in the annual inventory exercise of expendables.
- Carry out cycle counts to ensure physical quantities and system quantities are matching/balancing.
Expendable Files – 15%
- Maintain files at the General Service Office warehouse on all expendables receipts and issuances for record keeping purposes and future reference.
House Keeping 10%
- Maintain the warehouse and all stock items clean and dust free at all times and ensure that all work areas are in good condition.
- Transport supplies to authorized U.S. Mission locations as well as collecting of supplies from vendors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Supply Clerk job opportunity should have completed Secondary School (both ‘O and A’ Level). Required.
- A minimum of two years of work experience with stores, supplies, and/or warehousing is required.
- Must have a general knowledge of Department of State and associated agency supply procedures and instructions.
- Must have a good working knowledge of computers and typing skills. Use of Microsoft packages, Word & Excel, Good numerical understanding, Intranet and internet.
- Must have good working knowledge of warehousing/stores management principles as well as the use of warehousing stock management software.
- Ability to lift and move things in store
- Must have a valid Ugandan driver’s license (Class B) with good driving experience and record. Class G is an added advantage.
- Language: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 22nd November 2021