Job ID 32890
Job Title: Accountant (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Cinelab Akademie
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Cinelab Akademie is a social enterprise offering both production and youth empowerment training in the field of filmmaking, TV production and photography.
Our social objective is to empower the youth from various backgrounds and those who may not afford to attend a college or university education. We equip them with employable creative and technical skills of how to conceptualize and produce compelling audio-visual works in form of documentaries, digital storytelling, TV drama, TV talk shows or even online content in form of vlogs, and or involving them through digital photography.
Job Summary: The Accountant’s role includes accounting for all business transactions with journal entries, updating financial statements, preparing monthly financial reports, budgeting and planning, budget implementation and maintaining accounts receivable and accounts payable.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- He/ She helps in performing and maintaining the general ledger accounting functions and other routine accounts work to make sure that the functions of the various departments are completed on time and with full accuracy.
- He/ She is responsible for gathering, organizing, providing, and processing financial information regarding the extensive variety of work assignments and projects.
- It is His/ Her duty to provide information to the other staff members regarding the procedural necessities to ensure financial compliance per the established standards and principles.
- He/ She is responsible to maintain and organize the huge variety and quantity of financial information in files, and folders to make these documents easily available and conform to the set policies and regulatory instructions, and guidelines.
- He/ She is required to take part in meetings, in-house workshops, training programs, etc. to communicate or gather the data and information required for performing the job responsibilities.
- It is His/ Her duty to process an extensive range of financial figures and information to update and communicate information when required.
- It is His/ Her responsibility to provide support to all the other departmental staff regarding the processes and procedures requirements to ensure compliance with the accounting standards and principles.
- It is His/ Her duty to reconcile a large range of financial data to maintain accurate account balances.
- It is His/ Her to research for any discrepancies in financial information or documents to ensure the accuracy and adherence to recognized procedures before processing.
- He/ She is responsible to prepare tax returns and ensuring that taxes are paid properly and on time.
- He/ She is responsible to maintain an efficient and timely archiving system of physical and electronic files to ensure process online bank transfers ensuring that the bank accounts of staff and suppliers are that all documents are accounted for.
- He/ She is responsible to complete.
- May be assigned as the custodian of the office petty cash.
- Offering guidance on cost reduction, revenue enhancement, and profit maximization.
- Conduct periodic financial analyses to identify and resolve issues, gaps, or variances.
- Prepare financial statements, invoices, proposals, etc.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree in either B.Com (Accounting), BBA (Accounting), or its equivalent from a recognized university in accounting is a prerequisite for this position, CPA/ACCA fully qualified member, along with a high level of attention to detail.
- At least two years of proven experience as an Accountant.
- Other desirable attributes include mathematical aptitude, analytical ability, an ability to keep documents well organized, an interest in finance, and the use of accounting software, so the ability to use and learn new computer systems is essential.
- The candidate must be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company become fully aware of its financial condition.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with financial reporting requirements.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Tally accounting software experience is required.
- Must be proactive and innovative.
- Result-oriented individual.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their resumes / CVs, academic credentials and a letter of recommendation from your local church (Pastor) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, ccc: email@example.com
Upon receiving the CVS, shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the first Phase interview at Cinelab Akademie Resource Hub in;
Kisaasi-Kyanja, near Avesta Hotel
Along Badu Close
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||Cinelab Akademie|
|Job Location||, , Kampala, 0256, Uganda|