Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Position Number: Kampala- 2021-036-RA1
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides office support for ten investigators, a six-person Bodyguard Unit, and the Regional Security Office (RSO) at the Embassy.
- Functions include establishing and maintaining a variety of investigative and administrative databases, maintaining files, case tracking, scheduling the issuance of embassy Identity Cards (IDs) and maintaining ID log, including tracking expiration dates and providing clerical support through scheduling and liaison with the RSO office.
- Manages the leave schedule and submits Time and Attendance reports.
- Serves as Sub-Cashier.
- Assists with any duties as assigned from time to time.
- Incumbent is supervised and rated by RSO Office Management Specialist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The applicants for the United States US Embassy Administrative Clerk (Security Clerk) job opportunity should hold a University Degree
- At least two years of experience in an administrative position in a high volume environment with high levels of responsibility, in either a private or a US Government organization is required.
- Working knowledge of USG office procedures and expectations, knowledge of filing systems and computer‑based administration systems is required.
- Knowledge of how to operate in a professional office environment is required.
- (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. This may be tested
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Outlook, Access, and Excel) is required.
- Ability to exercise initiative and be resourceful in managing operations is required.
- Ability to draft correspondence in English is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills is required. This may be tested
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the United States Embassy, US Mission in Kampala should send their applications online at the link below.
Deadline: 16th November 2021