Organisation: Wave Mobile Money
Duty Station: Masaka, Uganda
Wave Mobile Money is building a cashless Africa – starting in Senegal, Cote d’Ivoire, Uganda & now in Mali. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash. We’re solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don’t always work, you can still send money with Wave.
Job Summary: The Premium Agent Assistant role will be to open and close books and ensure that all transactions accounted for in the system are backed up manually. You will be responsible for the daily reconciliation of the transactions, which should be validated daily by the Cash Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help agents nearby on liquidity needs (deposit and withdraws)
- Support agent/client needs to provide immediate support on Wave’s offer information, opening accounts, system, application, and physical card.
- Maintain daily reconciliation of premium agent points.
- Ensure that all cash management transactions are correctly recorded in the treasury system
- Request promptly sufficient funds to ensure rebalance with agent/clients
- Report any discrepancy or challenges encountered to the cash officer
- Report any fake bills to the relevant teams
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Two years of experience as a cashier in cash management, reconciliation and liquidity management, cash handling or delivery
- Strong proficiency in English
- Are excessively detail-oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do.
- Are flexible enough to adapt to various process changes and updates gracefully
- Are a self-starter and proactive about achieving ambitious targets.
- Are charismatic and enjoy talking and explaining new ideas and products to people
- Love owning projects – you are autonomous yet know when to escalate problems.
- Are intellectually curious, creative in the way you go about tackling problems, and embrace failure as a means to spark innovation and growth.
- Willing to go the distance to get something done.
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions
How to Apply:
All applicants should apply online at the link below.