Job Title: Driver (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Abt Associates
Duty Station: Uganda
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Job Summary: Under supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Project Driver will operate and maintain project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of the program and adhere to the schedule of routine vehicle maintenance. He/ She will Keep detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed. The Project Driver will support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Transport project equipment, materials, supplies and documents to project sites
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies and in-country traffic laws.
- Maintain project vehicle, including keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, repairs, and cleaning.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel, and tires, maps, and conducting safety and security inspection prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing, and photocopying.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions, as directed.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect, and dispatch letters, parcels, and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure Covid-19 standard operating procedures are adhered to by all passengers at all times during travel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Abt Associates Inc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a High School Diploma
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience, or Associates Degree
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Secondary School (desirable), a valid driver’s license, and at least 3 years of commercial driving experience.
- Possession of a valid driving license classes B, E and DL,
- Proof of defensive driving and Diploma or Certificate in Auto-Mechanics from a certified institution will be added advantages
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 31st December 2021