Organisation: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Associate Fleet Officer
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. Founded through a mother’s determination, we are driven to see a world where no other mother, child or family is devastated by this disease. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world’s most affected regions.
Job Summary: The Driver / Logistics Assistant will provide reliable and courteous transportation service to EGPAF staff and visitors, ensuring safety of the Foundation staff, property and vehicles; and operate and maintain assigned vehicle(s); and vehicle records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain transportation vehicles with a focus on safety and courtesy.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections, fills out daily inspection forms and minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary.
- Manage the logging, fueling and computation of monthly vehicle fuel consumption.
- Ensure that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed, reported and ensures that vehicles are clean.
- Document staff usage of vehicles and prepares trip reports
- Provide safety briefing to passengers and prepares accident and incident reports as necessary.
- Initiate PRFs and ensures that the LPOs and Invoice details are correctly logged in the LPO Tracker.
- Timely preparation of the Certificate of completion for both service, repairs and reports all faults
- Deliver office supplies to district health Office and health facilities and returns delivery documents to stores and registers returned goods with stores if any
- Any other duties job related roles reasonably assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have completed O’ Level
- Five years of driving experience in a recognized NGO
- Possession of a valid Ugandan drivers’ license – Classes: B, DL, & CM
- Defensive driving certificate
- Knowledge of basic motor vehicle mechanics
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Possession of class A driving permit
- Certificate in logistics management
How to Apply:
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae only as one file in PDF format through the careers link below addressed to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF),
Plot 15, Kitante Close
P.O. Box 21127
Deadline: 21st November 2021