Job ID 33047
Job Title: Driver (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Fiscal Administrator
REF: TS/HR/ OPFN/1
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive TASO vehicles, monitor their condition, and inform the supervisors of the condition of the vehicles and any maintenance or repair work necessary plus safe delivery of TASO supplies and commodities and other assigned logistics.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive TASO motor vehicles as instructed
- Ensure maximum security of vehicle and its accessories when under his/her charge
- Ensure vehicle is insured and fuelled
- Ensure vehicle is fully equipped with First aid kits
- Ensure safety of passengers and cargo under his charge
- Check for road worthiness of vehicle before use
- Monitor condition of all vehicles within and promptly report the condition to superiors.
- Make follow-ups on vehicle repairs and servicing, to ensure that they are done as required
- Check on vehicles licenses as required by law
- Make requests for repair and service works
- Report any accident incidents the vehicle gets involved into to supervisor and police as required
- Carry out minor repairs and adjustments on the vehicles, and maintain their cleanliness
- Check oils viscosity and mileage for full service
- Seek or provide necessary technical advice as and when necessary
- Record total mileage cover
- Maintain a good record of all activity details including journeys and stopovers as assigned.
- Maintain records of vehicle servicing and repairs and Insurance.
- Ensure distribution of supplies and commodities to assigned destinations
- Any other duties and may be assigned by the supervisor
- TASO vehicles carefully and safely driven
- Condition of vehicles reported to supervisors
- TASO Vehicles well looked after
- Record of vehicle movement maintained
- Distribution of logistics to respective place
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Driver should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education (0 ‘Level School Certificate). Advanced Certificate of Education (A’ Level School Certificate) will be an added advantage. Possession of a Valid Driving Permit for the Class of vehicles assigned (DM & DL) is a Must.
- Training in vehicle maintenance, Knowledge of traffic laws and rules, Highway code and Report writing skills.
- Four years of experience as a Driver and practicing in a reputable organisation or firm.
- Key Skills: Vehicle control and maneuver, Defensive driving, Interpersonal relations and Ability to deal with security threats.
- Other Qualities/Attributes: Good etiquette, Courtesy, Patience, Respect and Integrity
How to Apply:
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labelled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
Deadline: 27th March 2023
For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.hrandjobs.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Ugashare
|Hiring Organization||The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)|
|Job Location||, , Entebbe, 0256, Uganda|