Job ID 25586
Organisation: Raising the Village International (RTV)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About US: Raising The Village International (RTV) is a Canadian non-profit organization focused on ending extreme poverty by eliminating immediate barriers of scarcity, nurturing income-generation activities and building local capacity, while moving communities toward economic self-sufficiency.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will support the Finance Manager in the field districts under the projects in the areas of Bookkeeping, budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring, reporting, accounting/budget execution etc within the field Districts and also providefinancial advisory services to the Field Officers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that financial documents are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required such as cash advance forms, cash request forms etc
- Withdraw project activities Fundsfrom the bank, disburse and keep accurate records for all daily transactions
- Update all finance related internal systems with financial data
- Prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices and share them with SFO on a weekly basis
- Scanning and numbering of the scanned finance documents on a weekly basis and share them with SFO for review
- Take part in budgeting, budget tracking and monitoring
- Implementation of financial policies
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts for the assigned field officers
- Send and follow up on invoicesfor proper accountability
- Review and reconcile project activities accountabilities documentations
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified in accountability submissions
- Report any practice that is against financial procedures to the Senior Finance Officer or Finance and Administration Manager or management team as might be required
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving
- Manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer for review on a weekly basis
- Provide support to staff through explaining financial information to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures Financial Monitoring
- Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for the assigned field office
- Manage office and project operations cash in the assigned field offices
- Maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence at field office and these should be ready for verification and confirmation at the end of every quarter.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
- At least two years of professional experience in providing accounting, and Bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Management and Accounting or Audit.
- Any level of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage
- Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
- Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
- Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
- Excellent computer skillsincluding Excel and Microsoft word.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Good time management skills
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 6th June 2022