Job Title: Finance Assistant (Fresher NGO Jobs)
Organisation: National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an indigenous umbrella NGO of Persons with Disabilities that brings together all disability categories with the vision of “A Just and Fair society where Person with Disabilities live a prosperous and Dignified Life”. Formed in November 1987, NUDIPU exists to advocate for the rights of Persons with Disabilities in a unified voice for improved livelihoods.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and banking revenue, issuing receipts for record purposes.
- Ensuring timely payment for works, goods and services provided to the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to the organization policies, especially the financial policy, regulations and professional practices in all financial transactions.
- Preparing payment vouchers after funds requests have been duly authorized, filed chronologically and archived as required as per the organisation and the donors’ requirements.
- Capture data in the accounting package.
- Prepare periodic financial and management reports.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and budgets for the organisation.
- Ensure proper and timely accountability for all resources.
- Support fundraising initiatives of the organisation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor’s degree in Finance, economics, business administration accounting option
- At least one year of relevant experience in working with NGOs
- Good understanding of current accounting software
- Good analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications, copies of academic transcripts and detailed CVs including contact addresses of 3 referees either electronically to: [email protected] or hand delivered to NUDIPU head office along Bukoto Kisaasi Road. Hard copies can also be sent through the organizational postal address P.O. Box 8567 Kampala addressed to the Chief Executive Officer.
Note: Qualifying Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply!
Deadline: 30th January 2022