Job Title: Finance Officer – Inclusive Eye Health
Duty Station: Uganda
Sightsavers is an International Development Organization which works with partners to eliminate avoidable blindness and promote equality of opportunity for people with disabilities in over 33 developing countries across Africa, Asia and America. Sightsavers seeks to achieve a world where no one is blind from avoidable causes and where visually impaired people participate equally in society. Each year, we improve the lives of millions of people in the poorest parts of the world. Sightsavers offers a great place to work within easy reach of London and Brighton.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer – Inclusive Eye Health holds responsibility directly related to Accounting, Project Finance and Procurement and general office administrative duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting partners’ capacity to manage project funds, including budgeting, forecasting, ensuring project spend is in line with MOU’s/PFA’s
- Assisting in processing partner fund requests, ensuring partners provide accurate monthly reporting, consolidating partner reports into a monthly project report
- Checking petty cash/travel expenditures
- Preparing monthly journals, payroll and checking financial records are complete and accurate
- Responsible for managing partner fund transfers, financial reports, database and register on a regular basis
- Plan and manage purchases of project supplies, office supplies using Pro-actise software
- Sourcing competitive suppliers, placing orders, checking deliveries are timely
- Ensure stock control measures are in place for all project operations and the local office to ensure efficiencies are met
- Maintain and update the fixed assets register to maintain robust operational conditions
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Any other ad hoc duties related to the position as requested by the Programme Officer
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a tertiary degree in accounting, finance, business administration or equivalent qualifications.
- Holding an ACCA/CPA qualification is advantageous
- Previous professional experience within a similar role
- Strong IT, Word, Excel
- Excellent communication and organisation
- Fluent in English
- Able to use own initiative and keen to succeed
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 9th January 2022